Pulled over- No insurance

Billy Busa

Banned
I should have stayed home today.
I got pulled over for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, i had no insurance.
The cop gave me a ticket for no insurance, i know, stupid me for not having insurance. I had to pay the tow truck guy $150 dollars for them to tow my bike back to my driveway.
Does anyone have any advice or what i should expect?
I have insurance on my car but not my motorcycle.:cry:

Not sure. I would get the insurance and then go to court. At least then you could show you have it and were maybe trying to get it when you were ticketed.

You should expect a :flamethrowing:from everyone on here. No lid? No insurance? No brains. No sympathy

You may stand a chance if you had insurance coverage and let it lapse. If you are friendly with your agent, they might be willing to issue you a letter stating continuity of coverage. If they do that, you can then "prove" that you did have coverage, but no proof of coverage when you were stopped by the police. If you deal with your insurance provider without an agent, you are S.O.L.

Pay for a tow? Couldn't you wait for the cop to leave, and then head home? You were already issued the citation, so it would have been a calculated risk.

You are going to get fined if you can't prove that you were insured. You are going to get nailed for the incomplete stop.

Oh and most importantly, you should fix the "NEVER PULL OVER" bull-crap out of your signature line. You are looking like a real winner for that one, Billy :laugh:

You may stand a chance if you had insurance coverage and let it lapse. If you are friendly with your agent, they might be willing to issue you a letter stating continuity of coverage. If they do that, you can then "prove" that you did have coverage, but no proof of coverage when you were stopped by the police. If you deal with your insurance provider without an agent, you are S.O.L.

Pay for a tow? Couldn't you wait for the cop to leave, and then head home? You were already issued the citation, so it would have been a calculated risk.

You are going to get fined if you can't prove that you were insured. You are going to get nailed for the incomplete stop.

Oh and most importantly, you should fix the "NEVER PULL OVER" bull-crap out of your signature line. You are looking like a real winner for that one, Billy :laugh:
I wasent riding my busa, i was on my kawasaki ZZR-600 when i got pulled over:banghead:
The cop said i had to have it towed or he was going to have it towed to the impound lot which would have cost me a lot more money so i had it towed to my driveway.
He diddent charge me with anything else just the no insurance.
The cop wasent an ass or anything, he even gave me a mint lifesaver, i guess i must have had bad breath or something.

he would not let you ride back home? man... that sucks!
no insurance is big fine and normally you can't do much about it!
what you might do (depends on your state law) plead not guilty see the jury, this way you can buy some time for court date, alot of time it might take 6 months or more to set a court date for you, if the cop does not show on your court date, they dismiss it but if he shows up the D.A. might cut you a deal!
good luck.

Can you bend over and kiss your own :moon:?

Or maybe just get a bottle of lube and ask the judge to be kind :poke:

I wasent riding my busa, i was on my kawasaki ZZR-600 when i got pulled over:banghead:
The cop said i had to have it towed or he was going to have it towed to the impound lot which would have cost me a lot more money so i had it towed to my driveway.
He diddent charge me with anything else just the no insurance.
The cop wasent an ass or anything, he even gave me a mint lifesaver, i guess i must have had bad breath or something.

So did you have insurance on the 600 and let it lapse? If not, you'll be paying a nice little fine.

Fix your signature line, or face a lot of abuse :laugh:

Ok, where do we start?:whistle: What type a person has an 08 busa or any busa for that matter with no insurance?:rulez: Now we know why you never pull over:banghead:

Last edited:
I got caught out back in 1989 right when it became mandatory in Calif, small fine, one year probation with one year restricted to and from and during work only, which in the eyes of the law is still viewed as a suspension. It keeps haunting you later in life like maybe for employment etc, its like the gift that keeps giving. This was 19 years ago, I couldn't imagine what it would be today? Good luck on trying to get an agent to cover you after the fact, not saying its impossible.

Last edited:
In Florida,bike riders arent required to carry insurance if they ride with a helmet. Weird isnt it. If you ride without a Helmet you have to carry at least a $100,000.00 medical insurance.

come on guys don't be too hard on him, he will learn next time. lets see;
150 for towing ,probably 300+ for fine=450
450 is what i pay a year full coverage for my busa!:laugh:

Back