Got Pulled over with no insurance.

@$#%,, i got pulled over today on my motorcycle with no insurance, i know stupid me for not having insurance.
The police would not let me drive my bike home with no insurance and i had to pay $150 bucks to have my bike towed back to my driveway.
Its a misdemeanor charge.
I go to court Feb. 25.
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to get insurance on the bike i got pulled over on before i go to court? Would it look better if i did? Would it make any difference in front of the judge if i showed proof after i got pulled over, or not?:banghead:

See if this is a 'fix-it ticket'. Show proof and they'll throw out the ticket.

Good luck! and let us know how it goes!

in Texas they now can tell if you have insurance by running your tag#...before they pull you over...and they love to send them to impound for a nominal fee. it seems to be effective, a few people I know who didn't have, or had fake cards, now have liability insurance.:thumbsup:

well man get it asa and see if they can back date it. thye might not be able to... but if you get it then you might be able to tell the judge well i slipped on the dates and thoguth it was covered i have the card in my hand right ow he might throw it out cause of weather or something so good luck

if you have more questions about it pm me been there before

no insurance ticket can make you a high risk.
so if you get insurance b4 you are found guilty of a no insurance ticket....
:laugh:
in other words...
i don't think your gonna beat this 1 dude, but you CAN save some $ by getting insurance b4 that ticket hits your record

Yes, get insurance Monday morning. All you need (if you own it) is liability. For theft protection get comprehensive. For uninsured or underinsured dumbasses (no offense) get that coverage too. Usually the big $$ item for Hayabusas is collision coverage but its not necessary.

get insurance and ride as much as possible between now and Feb. 25 as insurance rates after that are going to more than likely sky-rocket in your neighborhood...best of luck in court, a well-connected lawyer might be able to help

No way dude! Save your money, screw "the man", skip the court date and ride it like ya stole it!
If you're not livin' on the edge yer taking up space!!!!

:laugh::moon::whistle:

cheers
ken

Many of your questions will depend upon where you are and if this is your first rodeo or not. Some states are tougher on this than others and there are a lot of variables to consider that can't be addressed without knowing more information. Even within each state the way the courts handle them varies considerably. Here in IL the cost for operating a motor veh without insurance is way more than I pay per year in insurance and it is labeled as a business offense.

Definitely get insurance on it as having proof that it's taken care of is your best shot at leniency. Depending upon when your insurance lapsed the approach of playing stupid and saying you didn't realize it had lapsed may work if you have it paid back up and in effect. If you haven't had a valid policy on it for a longer period of time I wouldn't try that card because they will know you your making that stuff up. I would recommend the honesty is the best policy approach as many prosecutors will push twice as hard to hammer you if they know you are being dishonest.

In some areas, depending upon your prosecutors office, it may be worth your time to contact them after you get insurance on the bike and before the court date and ask them if there is anyway it can be dropped or reduced without going to court. If it is an office that is short staffed and overworked they may be looking for an easier way to reduce their case load. If they are well staffed and under worked it could go the other way. Remember the prosecuting atty is the one that has the final say as to whether or not the case is prosecuted and if so how it is prosecuted. As for an attorney, it depends what kind of fine you are looking at. An attorney will cost you some money, if the fine is only a couple hundred it isn't worth the expense in my opinion if you can cut a deal on your own and keep it off your record. If you are looking at outrageous fines, $1000 or higher, it might be worth the expense to hire one but even then there are no guarantees. You need to get more information and then weigh it all out as what will work best for you.

Either way good luck with it. I would also recommend calling either State Farm or Country Companies if you have either in your area. I have Country and they gave me rates that State Farm couldn't even come close to.

Back