Insurance

StrtRac3r

Registered
Sorry about that bike snakers, hope u get that gen II. But now that you got me thinking about my insurance i got a question.

I was quoted over 4k per year for my insurance, I have no tickets (on record anymore) and have never had a claim. My insurance has gone down over the years I don't want that argument of ins goin up expecting an accident. And I am 25 yrs old.

Of it's not to personal, how much is your insurance (on the Busa only, mine is a 02). If it is to personal just let me know if you have a good deal, and what company are you with.

The 4400 I was quoted was through geiko, full coverage, no claimed mods. And I live in ca.

State Farm has the best rates I've seen.
I'm paying 336 every six months for full coverage on my '09. Geico sucks!

:werd:

Like most companies, Geico is not Busa friendly. I'm 27 with a clean record, and for some reason mine just went up $40 every six months. I don't know what that's all about, but the upside is it's still only $435.

Even after I lost my 08 last year, the rate on my 09 was only $3 a month more.

I have some major issues with State Farm, but they have taken good care of me with motorcycle coverage.

state farm all the way. i just got my 2011 and it cost me 29 a month full coverage with no deductible

state farm $362 6/months full coverage 09` Hayabusa
state farm $116 6/months full coverage 09` Nomad

I really like how you praise St. Farm and its low rates. $29 bucks a mo? NOT in California. Better get ready to :moon:, and don`t cry. I had St. Farm, $60 a month. No accidents, clean record, rate was going up, switched to Geico. $34 bucks a month. ??? Say what?

State Farm with full coverage. Age 35, no tickets and pay $360 every 6 months in GA.

I pay $145 a month from Progressive with a clean record and a multi policy discount. I had a lay down last year but didn't file a claim as I didn’t want my rates going up even more. I live in Arizona and am 33 yrs old. State farm quoted me almost 4 grand. Arizona is an expensive state for any car or bike. When have a high rate of people who run red lights and a high rate of people who drive with no insurance. Top that off with the amount of illegals driving around and the rest of us pays the price.

Wow, I don't understand why mine is such a high quote then, they said nearly 400 a month, I could buy a used gen I every year for what they want me to pay

Iowa,
08 busa full coverage 100/300/100

$265 a year, :laugh:

BMW s1krr was only $300 a year:whistle:

State farm only way to go:cheerleader:

Wow, I don't understand why mine is such a high quote then, they said nearly 400 a month, I could buy a used gen I every year for what they want me to pay

Geico quoted me the same way when I started shopping for Busa coverage. Actually, every single company but State Farm was either crazy expensive or wouldn't insure a Busa at all.

It may just be your age, or it could be a combination of your age and the fact that you're trying to insure a large sportbike. Either way, the insurance companies don't like our type...

That seem a lot. Do you have price comparison sites in the US. Compared a load of sites and got mine was £511 fully comp a year for a 2010 Busa.
Checked out mine now with one years no claims £312 a year.

Insurance quotes are based off of your credit history, driving record, age, marrage status, and the location you live in. In cali and arizona and the warmer climates it will be more as you ride the bike year round almost all the time. You are a higher risk for accidents because of this and the fact that you live in a higher crime rate area then others. It is based on number of wrecks in the area of said vehicle, thefts, etc.

A common misconception on isurance is this......You may be in a wreck.....you think you will be smart and not make a claim......police show up.....your screwed. You might not make a claim but you insurance company will still see the wreck and that still will affect your rates. You are really damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Thanks for all the responses, man it looks like state farm needs to be a sponsor lol. I will be calling today.

Statistics / Risk managment / metrics

insurance is a big legal gambling game with the odds always in the insurance co advantage...

State Farm is best rates. Half of everyone else. I'm 34 no claims and still pay $600.00 a year (full coverage) with a $1000.00 deductible. How are some of you only paying $300.00 a year? I feel the insurance company's need to updated the way they rate. The new liter bikes have a higher power to weight ratio but still lower rates.

I have liberty mutual and I pay 480 a year with full coverage for me and a passenger and Im 28. Bike is an 05. But the Busa is rated as a crusier because of the displacement here. I also have 2 other vehicles and my homeowners with them.

The reason State Farm rates are so low is because they insure it based on the cc's of the engine. At least that is why my agent told me. I pay 52 a month for full coverage, uninsured, and 50/100/50.

Back