Salvage title and insurance?

Big Bo

Registered
I got my Bandit back together. Has anyone here had a problem getting a salvaged bike insured?
Is the cost of insurance more or less than a non-salveged title?
Which Insurance Co`s will insure a salvage bike? I had it insured with Geico.

Any idea what a motorcycle shop charges to inspect a salvaged bike?

Brake and light inspection for me was 40 (cheap shop as I knew I did them right). Can be 40-150$ depending where you go.

A full safety inspection I found to usually be about 1.5-2.5 hrs standard shop rate.

As for insurance I have state farm, the value they say is not effected by the salvage. Being that it is a motorcycle they told me if it's fixed enough to insure and register and ride, it should be in darn good condition again.

I didn't notice a hike in the price, I am 26, unmarried, and it's 52$ a mo full coverage.
(oh and no tickets)

Geico on the other hand wanted over 300 a month full coverage for me.

I had my 05 title moved to a rebuilt title after I got it together. It was a real clean salvage title, just plastic damage. I took it to an inspection location that did a certain type of inspection on it and gave me a piece of paper to take to retitle it.

Here in NH you need the following
The original crash estimate from the insurance company
all receipts the the repairs, pic of before and after are great
State inspection thru the State troopers
Then apply for the final salvage title!

GIXERHP said:
Here in NH you need the following
The original crash estimate from the insurance company
all receipts the the repairs, pic of before and after are great
State inspection thru the State troopers
Then apply for the final salvage title!

DMV did ask for a lot of pricing here in ca too. They want you to pay extra vehicle tax for what money you put into repairs.

Big Bo said:
Co-workers wife works for State Farm and she says SF will not insure a salvage title. I will find out.

I have state farm on my salvage bike, but state laws may be different.

Back