BAMM - Insurance

Trent

Registered
Well, well, having that new Busa in the stable has added a little something to my insurance bill. Actually pretty happy with the numbers but they are big. I had to let the collision go, just too expensive, but I used it for a month. Progressive is my insurer, I have only good things to say about them. In California I had AAA but they don't insure bikes out here.

Moto Insurance 2.jpg

Ditch Progressive. NOW! State Farm, Liberty Mutual, etc. Keep getting quotes. I pay about $400 per year full coverage, $100 deductibles, etc. with Liberty Mutual..

We are a "no fault" state so I think they gouge a little for that. I am old (45) no accidents or tickets, there are/were only two choices for motorcycle coverage out here. I forget who the other one was the last time I checked.

I had a custom policy, and my bike was covered for $25,000 no questions, and that cost me $1852 a year!

I have now gone to State Farm for $266 a year!

Thats just Progressive on full coverage for a bike. Try out State Farm

Most of the companies you guys are mentioning won't touch motorcycles out here. Any guys in Florida using these big names. I think Florida is no fault too. Progressive just bumped up the insurance rattes of their newly reclassified "Superbikes" category. They didnt buy the "sports touring" definition I threw out there when I picked up the coverege! The gal said, I'll have to call you back because that bike isnt in the system" Then she called back 1/2 hour later and said, "Sir, that bike is the... (lets see if I can phonetically spell what she said)

"High-a-bus-a" and its the fastest bike on the planet..So I said, "See good for touring, and it's sporty!" :laugh:

Other bikes I have insured from them are less than half for full covereage but not the new steed! Oh no.

progressive is a rip-off. they claim to have the cheapest MC insurance. they dont. not by a long shot. but then again being a no-fault state may limit ur possibilities. im pretty sure State Farm has policies for no fault states tho. might wanna check

Call a State Farm agent. They classify all bike the same, just by CC. Doesn't matter if it's a Busa or a cruiser.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am all payed up until next year so I may give it a stir when the next billing cycle starts in Dec.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am all payed up until next year so I may give it a stir when the next billing cycle starts in Dec.

They will give you a refund if you cancel your policy with them. Check around before you settle for paying more for something because you already have it paid for.

State Farm doesnt have a passenger policy tho. something to think about

Wait, you might be onto something here.... Hey hun I was going to take you to the bike night but your not covered on the policy so I'll just have to go to Hooters by myself this time! sorry. :laugh:

Doesn't hurt to check into it State Farm. What you could save, you can buy an aftermarket exhuast for.
Progressive will gladly refund your unused payment:laugh:
Call Rachel Rooney in Kaneohe and see how much she can save you. (808) 247-0091

My liabilty insurance in TX from progressive on my 2007 Hayabusa is around $1600.00 a year. I called several other insurance companies and 2 of them said good luck and hung up on me ???

Back