Pulled over- No insurance

If prosecuted you'll probably have a SR22 attatched to your record for the next 3-7yrs. That puts you into the high risk catagory. If you lose this case, I'd start selling the bikes as you don't have a chance in hell of paying under $4K a yr for insurance. Liability or not.

Get a lawyer. Seriously.

If prosecuted you'll probably have a SR22 attatched to your record for the next 3-7yrs. That puts you into the high risk catagory. If you lose this case, I'd start selling the bikes as you don't have a chance in hell of paying under $4K a yr for insurance. Liability or not.

Get a lawyer. Seriously.

Never thought about that Paul.

Yikes!

r8

Last edited:
Not sure about your state, here your license would be suspended, if a borrowed bike they suspend the rider and owner.
Then the bad part, you go into the high risk pool for 2-3 years.
Hard to get good rates when you have a suspension for no insurance.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda etc... Hope you get insureance so this doesn't happen again...

he would not let you ride back home? man... that sucks!
no insurance is big fine and normally you can't do much about it!
what you might do (depends on your state law) plead not guilty see the jury, this way you can buy some time for court date, alot of time it might take 6 months or more to set a court date for you, if the cop does not show on your court date, they dismiss it but if he shows up the D.A. might cut you a deal!
good luck.

How do expect LEO to let him ride away if he has no insurance:whistle:

Giving him the choice of tow home and pay or impound and pay a lot more was another break aside from overlooking the stop sign. If you had the insurance you might of just got a warning seems like he was in a real good mood. GL with this case.

come on guys don't be too hard on him, he will learn next time. lets see;
150 for towing ,probably 300+ for fine=450
450 is what i pay a year full coverage for my busa!:laugh:
Its okay if you guys are hard, stupid me, i deserve it, i should have had insurance.

Its okay if you guys are hard, stupid me, i deserve it, i should have had insurance.

let me tell you a little story, i have been there: in 1985 i bought a brand new volvo 240 and finance for 4 years and full coverage insurance, paid off in 1989 and decided to go to liabilty instead of full coverage since i am not obigated to have one. well 2 weeks after the change, my PAID OFF volvo got stolen at parking lot my place of work on sunday bright day1:banghead: never found:banghead:
guess what my car retailed at 9800.00 if i had full coverage (bye bye 9800.00!) since then i have full coverage all the time regardless, unless car worth 500.00 dollars:laugh:
we all learn the hard way sometimes.:beerchug:

Last edited:
now on to part two of stupid:

"wearing helmets is a bad thing, cant see, cant hear" and what every your excuses are...

I bet you had no idea that some cops treat guys in gear differently in gear than the ones running around in jeans and t-shirts with no lids... (and no, a cop wont tell you that, it would be bad ju ju....)

Case in point: Lexus doing 70, me passing him, cop shoots us both and then pulls over.. we both pass and he pulls back out..

We all get stopped at hwy 9 and 24 and he tells me "nice bike and nice gear".. I tend to wear full gear... he then pulls the Lexus over and writes him up...

Did I miss somewhere that he said he wasn't wearing a helmet and that he didn't have insurance on his busa?

Did something get edited or something?

Back