Looking for honest answers: insurance

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
I've been with Progressive for 5 years. Always heard State Farm. Just got quoted $1400 for liability for my '08 Busa. I questioned this and was told that in the last 12 to 14 months they had revamped there motorcycle insurance and that they use to insure based on cc but now they have broken it down to the bike and that has cost them a lot of customers.

So, whose still with State Farm and are you still paying $500 / year for full coverage ?

$229 for a year full coverage,
No tickets, or accidents

State Farm here!

Insurance goes off your area to, riding season length, credit score,

I'm in some special bracket so I'm no help, but I pay stupid cheap insurance

I'm well under $300 a year for full coverage, and that's on a $25k bike, busa was low $200's for the 08 and the 04. But that's Iowa to, we have cheap insurance.

I'm SF at $360 yr on the 08, but that's with the multi line, multi vehicle, safe driver yada yada discounts. And I noticed a cpl months ago all but maybe a cpl policies have increased $15-30 yr on average for the last 3 years. And that's no tickets or claims. Little girl at the office had no explanation except rate increases across the board. Hell I always thought that getting older was better when I was younger was good just for the cheaper insurance. Not now, going the other way. :laugh:

I will admit it is nice to be able to insure multiple vehicles/bikes fully cheaper than just 1 with liabilty only when I was 18.

If you decide to move check Allstate, I'm 28 with around 4 moving violations on me at the moment and I'm around 600 yr

Mine was $13 a month last year. I'm not sure what it renewed for this year. If there was very much of a difference at all the wife would have let me know

Sorry D03,
Didn't even come to me till just now. Insure it under your wife's cousin's mother's maiden name(if not they can trace it back to you), cause your account is most likely earmarked "Da Po Po" and they have a amended version for you guys with different rates. They break it down in the decleration page they send out as "Reinbursment to city/state for the Free coffee & donuts that are consumed while on duty".

And I know it's true, cause I read it on the internet. Ask them about it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am grandfathered in at USAA but think mine is under 500/yr. Really haven't looked recently. Maybe I should call around but USAA has always been good to me so I just stick with them. Been with then over 20yrs now so no real reason to change unless I could make a huge savings.

State Farm here....

26 - no tickets/clean driving record.

Highest coverages you can carry for state of Ohio and I'm paying $40 a month

I was with them last year for 235.00 Full coverage. I had one ticket on my record. I just sole my bike but did check last week for the Can Am Spider I am thinking of getting and was told it would be 295 a year FC.

Mine is around $45 per month for FC with SF. Just a few $$ more than liability and comp on my little pickup. I have the Busa, dirt bikes, truck, and house all with them though. Whole mess costs me $138 per month.

I just renewed mine and it was $1250.00 for the year in Florida and I have a clean record. :down: I'm with dairyland insurance because they were the cheapest too!

02 busa, with state farm. 27/m/in Cali bout 60$ a month full coverage with roadside service for 5$ more. I have multi vehicle with an 12 focus sel and rental insurance of 300,000$.

(the price I said was just the bike. Total with my lady as a new driver it's about 215$ a month. Can't wait till she has a year or two under her belt lol)

43 yo with an '05 in IL with no reported tickets or wrecks :laugh: $342.64/yr for full coverage at State Farm

I don't know how u guys get such good numbers... I am my 55 years old, clean record and good credit, I am with geico and my 05 busa full coverage was 690 a year.. the zx14r went up to 1080 a year:banghead:
I shopped around today and so far geico has been the best..

I don't know how u guys get such good numbers... I am my 55 years old, clean record and good credit, I am with geico and my 05 busa full coverage was 690 a year.. the zx14r went up to 1080 a year:banghead:
I shopped around today and so far geico has been the best..

Zip code, credit score, age, driving record, multi policy discount.

$450 year for me Comp/Coll/ 250 deduct.
UIM, $25k PIP, 5K medical, towing, rental reimbursement...

Back