Alpinestars supertech R boots?

Blacksmith

Registered
Anybody have them? What you think? Are they comfortable to walk in? Are they overkill for the street? They're more expensive than I'd like to put out for boots but I'm trying to go to a track/learning/coaching course in March and I need over three ankle boots. I'd like to have done waterproof ones but I don't like the look of the ones I've seen. So stree these overkill and pretty much race only or are thru worth the money? Thanks guys

I have A** SMX boots. The soles squeak from the layers of vinyl rubbing together but I have walked around in them all day....as little as you need to walk at a track day.

Are they overkill for the street?---I'd say nothing is. The feet and ankles are probably one of the most likely body parts to get injured. If you can put up with the workout it takes to put them on, your feet and ankles will be much safer.

The downsides are:

They look a little over the top if you want to go into the gym or the grocery store.

They will be hotter than a pair of sneakers.

They will be harder than heck to get zipped up the first ~20 times you put them on. Prepare for a workout. You might want some help from a friend.

They will squeak when you walk.

It will be harder to feel the shifter pedal and also take more effort to shift.

Your feet and ankles will be well protected though.

I have A** SMX boots. The soles squeak from the layers of vinyl rubbing together but I have walked around in them all day....as little as you need to walk at a track day.

Are they overkill for the street?---I'd say nothing is. The feet and ankles are probably one of the most likely body parts to get injured. If you can put up with the workout it takes to put them on, your feet and ankles will be much safer.

The downsides are:

They look a little over the top if you want to go into the gym or the grocery store.

They will be harder than heck to get zipped up the first ~20 times you put them on. Prepare for a workout. You might want some help from a friend.

Dont they have a zipper? I have similar boots and its very easy to put them on.
Yes they all squeak!
Who goes to a gym in riding boots?:-)

and last but not least - In my OWN opinion - I feel much better shifting in boots rather than sneakers. Its actually easier and the overall feel is better. But maybe that is just me.

The downsides are:

I dont ride in sneakers now I have a pair of A** that are short and plenty comfortable but I'd like the added protection of high boots and I have to have some to go to this track/training day. Thanks for the input guys

I'm on my 2nd set of Supertech R's, and love them. Mine are comfortable and I can wear them all day. What I like about them the best is the slick inside ankle, there is nothing there that can get hooked up in your controls (my Sidis did). And the soles have lasted really well considering how hard I grind the ball on the rearset and walk around the track. I hardly ride on the street anymore, so these mostly get used on the track. If you've got the money, you can't go wrong, but yes, probably overkill for touring boots. Where you doing your trackday at?

Dont they have a zipper? I have similar boots and its very easy to put them on.
Yes my SMX boots have a zipper over the foot and up the calf. The lycra-like material the zipper is sewn to needs to stretch to get the zipper up. They are not too small for me that's just the way the are. The zipper seam does not stay flat like when new. Like all boots, the material develops undulations from flexing. It's a real challenge to get the zipper to ride over that. The zipper tab is just an ordinary zipper but it is very hard to pull it up. I'm surprised it hasn't pulled off yet.

Who goes to a gym in riding boots?:-)

Not me. I have a buddy who used to ride to the gym in his jeans and riding boots and do a workout!! I thought it sounded crazy but I guess the boots would be good protection for your feet in a gym too! LOL some people thought the boots were special weight lifting boots! :laugh: The gym he uses now requires exercise attire only. He's not allowed in with jeans. Sheesh.

Anybody have them? What you think? Are they comfortable to walk in? Are they overkill for the street? They're more expensive than I'd like to put out for boots but I'm trying to go to a track/learning/coaching course in March and I need over three ankle boots. I'd like to have done waterproof ones but I don't like the look of the ones I've seen. So stree these overkill and pretty much race only or are thru worth the money? Thanks guys
These are the best boots I've ever use.
High protection, and excellent comfort as if wearing your fluffy slippers.
I have 2 couples. The Classic Blacks, and White Vented Boots for hot summer days.
They are expensive but they deserve their money.

supertech_r_2015_black_10-1-M-06731819-xlarge.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

supertech_r_vented_2015_black_white_122-1-M-0673191-xlarge.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

I have used a set of Joe Rocket boots for years now and they are great boots...

When I got them I wanted a good general purpose water proof boot...now that I never ride in the rain, I don't need water proof boots so might be looking at a different set which aren't so hot in the summer.

I'm on my 2nd set of Supertech R's, and love them. Mine are comfortable and I can wear them all day. What I like about them the best is the slick inside ankle, there is nothing there that can get hooked up in your controls (my Sidis did). And the soles have lasted really well considering how hard I grind the ball on the rearset and walk around the track. I hardly ride on the street anymore, so these mostly get used on the track. If you've got the money, you can't go wrong, but yes, probably overkill for touring boots. Where you doing your trackday at?
It's at Roebling Road in Savannah Ga. The guys putting it on are a Christian riding school based in South Carolina, only about 1.5 hours from me so after this thing in March I'd like to ride up there with them once a month or so.

I dont ride in sneakers now I have a pair of A** that are short and plenty comfortable but I'd like the added protection of high boots and I have to have some to go to this track/training day. Thanks for the input guys
HI. I have a pair of A stars SMX -6 V2 boots. Very good walking riding shifting and easy to put on. I got there gloves they are not to good to bulky. What do you have for leathers? I am having Heroic Leathers make me a suit made from Kangaroo and stingray skins. It will weight only 8 lbs. The Vanson suits weight 12 to 14 lbs. I will see if they can make me a pair of gloves too.

they deserve their market my friend, you have to use them to understand what I mean. I bought them at a very good price of around $ 380 from the Spanish site Motocard
Very fast delivery, and good service.
I don't know for sure how much they cost to ship to America

https://www.motocard.com/en/?q=ALPINESTARS SUPERTECH-R&p=1&nidx
Sandow those are nice looking boots, I hope mine last that long if I can make myself spend that much in them. Busa they're online for 499 here im going to see if the Sav cycle gear can do any better. I try to buy once cry once and I know footwear is def one of those things that you get what you pay for.

HI. I have a pair of A stars SMX -6 V2 boots. Very good walking riding shifting and easy to put on. I got there gloves they are not to good to bulky. What do you have for leathers? I am having Heroic Leathers make me a suit made from Kangaroo and stingray skins. It will weight only 8 lbs. The Vanson suits weight 12 to 14 lbs. I will see if they can make me a pair of gloves too.
I dont have leathers, I'm looking now for a good pair of armored pants but most of the euro brands are to tight on my legs, look like spandex on me. I won't go to a track enough to justify needing leathers.

When i ride in the city I use them ALPINESTARS FASTBACK-2 DRYSTAR

https://www.motocard.com/en/boots/alpinestars-fastback_2_drystar_black_white_12.aspx]

Hi If you want to play you need a suits! As much if not more than boots! Theyhave them from $290.00 up. I will be racing LSR with speeds over 250 MPH that is why I am getting the heroic leathers not cheep at $2350.00. If you go down [and I hope that never happens to you or any of us] you will wish you had one on!

Back