Comfortable riding boots...

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
I just bought a pair of Alpinestars Ridge boots. I like the way they look and they didn't seem too tall. They are not very comfortable to walk in.

Can you guys give me some ideas on which boot to try. I would like a touring type boot that isn't too tall, no laces!, and is comfortable to wear and walk in. Oh yeah, it has to be able to fit under the shifter without too much trouble.

Am I looking for a mythical creature? If anyone out there has boots they like and fit my requirements please let me know. Thanks.

I was going to recommend the Alpinestars Ridge, but I see you bought them. Might want to try the new ICons. Nice quote by the way. Zathura I believe....
cool.gif

these are comfortable and cheap right now at new enough they are more comfortable than the Gaerne boots I was looking at. I don't think they're good enough for track use though street only
wink.gif

bluesetup.jpg

My Sidi B-1's (now B-2's) are really comfortable, fit like tennis shoes, no problem.

2005_grey.jpg

I wear my work boots. Actually wear them all the time extremely comfy. Walk on concrete all day at work.. They are the Timberland "PRO SERIS" with steel toe. They are right over the ankle. Easy to shift with it, but they do lace.

I just got a set of Gaerne from Newenough.com size 11. Way too big, very wide - returned for size 11 1/2 Sidi B-one. They are perfect. I have been wearing AGV, but I took the toe slider completely off in a corner - oops

I just got a pair of Icon Super Duty boots from ebay for $35. I started to wear them just to break them in but, they are so comfortable that I wear them all the time1

I love my SIDI STRADA TEPOR EVOs. Got them from New Enough.com. They feel like tennis shoes, and very light weight.

Back