Need new boots

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Looking for new boots, and like the following - Gaerne - Alpinestar - Joe Rocket -Sidi.

If ya own any of these boots can you tell me the following.
- How does the size run - small - large - normal as in reg shoe size
- Comfort
-quality, replaceable sole(if that even exists anymore)
-waterproof, warm enough for MN fall season & early winter riding

The Gaerne G-RS boot has really peaked my intrest...NJ any input from ya...I think you wear them. Any place stateside with reasonable prices. How do they fit?

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123163704 -->

if I believe correctly, SIDI's run a lil on the small side...I still wanna get me a pair though.

I have the Gaerne carbon fiber boots, they are the pooh! No sliding off the pegs,They are cool and very attractive.NJ.

gsp1_red.jpg

I've got the sidi vertebra race boot... (newenough.com has them on closeout if they still got your size) I normally wear a 10-1/2.. ordered an 11.. fit is great.

Very comfortable, very sturdy feeling..

this is what I have

this is the color I got just to have something different aside from all the black leather.. lol

had a pair of oxtar TCS before... there ok... the ankle protection was pretty close (not as attractively designed though) as the sidi's... but the heel was very flimsy in comparison.... the toe sliders that come with the oxtars are junk... may as well be a piece of cheese stuck out there.. it disappears instantly if it touches pavement.

On the Sidi.. I dunno about the original toe sliders.. I ordered a set of the ceramic toe sliders when I bought... they seem to be holding up well... but they are LOUD when they touch... not that it matters... just something I noticed.

oh.. the Sidi's are waterproof .. not designed to be.. they just "are"

rode in a heavy downpour, and was stopped in traffic during it... the only water that got in was from water running down my leg and seeping in thru the top.

If I'd been moving the whole time I'm confident it wouldn't have gotten wet inside at all.

Sidi's are friggin awesome too....

not to mention you got their top of the line boot too, Ego. Fuggin tits!
thumbs-up.gif
super.gif

OH NO!!!! Damnit! They don't have my size anymore!!! ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!

I wear a 12 in regular shoes....so I'm assuming I'm gonna need a 13 in SIDI's. Roughly comes out to a size 48 Euro, right?

Oh damnit......they only have a size 47 left! GAAAHHHHH!!!!

I'm depressed now.....I miss out on an awesome deal for the boots I really wanted.
sad.gif

Sidi's are friggin awesome too....

not to mention you got their top of the line boot too, Ego. Fuggin tits!
thumbs-up.gif
super.gif
hehe, just because they were on closeout..

$250 for a comparable brand... or $300 for THE brand...

I can handle that.

I'm too cheap to have even considered buying them if they weren't on closeout.

They are called The Carbon Shockwave,you can go to Gaerne usa I think and find a dealer nearest you,they come in several neat colors as well.NJ.

I only went up 1/2 size Pac... no problems.. I don't think they run much smaller at all.. maybe worth taking a chance on..

NJ....are they warm enough for MN fall conditions, and how do they run size wise? I found em for a smokin price...but not able to try em on.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: "found some lint in my belly button...haha"|1123164952 -->

oh man....pisser.

Somtimes there ain't NO dealer within a thousand miles of me.
sad.gif
ANd to top it off, they usually don't send anything outside of the US.

Bastids!!! It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Back