Help with boots

JPunisher

Registered
All,

I am looking for a boot that will provide decent protection (better than a set of timberlands which is what I have now), under $200 and can be used to walk around if needed. Not looking for a full sized track boot. Here is what I have been looking at to give you guys an idea:

Sidi Blade Motorcycle Boots :: New Enough

Speed and Strength - Motorcycle Apparel - Moment of Truth Moto Shoe

Sidi Slash Motorcycle Boots :: New Enough

Alpinestars S-MX 1 Riding Motorcycle Shoes :: New Enough

Does anyone know if any of these offer good protection? Should I stick with my timberland boots? Any recommendations?

Thanks,

JPunisher

I dont know much about street bike shoes and the protection they give you, but from looking at the picks, they appear to give you the same protection as your timberlands. In my opinion I would save your money and staying with the timberlands and buy something else with that $200.

From the looks of what you posted I would say BenWoj42 is correct.
Most look like shoes. Some offer ankle protection but still prolly not much more than a good hefty work boot.
I'm guessing you dont want a boot because you wear shorts when riding ?
If thats true I would say wear pants and get some nice boots.
If you wear pants then still get some nice boots.
Sitting on the curb still wondering :wtf: just happened you will feel better !
I have the Pumas (Desmo model) below and would have no problem keeping them on all day.

Puma Desmo boot.jpg

I don't wear shorts when riding but full size boots look very uncomfortable especially when you get off the bike and walk around. I was just looking for something a little better than a boot that would not run higher than $200. Another thing about boots is that I am size 13-14 wide which makes the boot very big and bulky. I just thought that since the street bike shoes were made for motorcycles that I might get more protection than a normal boot. I really do appreciate all your help and it is always good to ask a more experienced person before going out and buying something online. Can someone recommend something better than timberlands but not as large as a full size track boot?

Thanks,

JPunisher

I too have large feet. I bought a pair of Oxtar boots and they were fine cor a while. I can not wear the boots with comfort. I wear a pair of work boots. Wolverine black lace ups. #03778. For BIG feet they are amazingly comphy. If someone wears a sz 12 and have WIDE feet, pm me, pay shipping and the boots are yours. They are not new, nor well worn.

Goodluck finding boots.

I wear a size 13 and just bought the icon field armor boots. The big ugly space walker look ones.

They arrived yesterday, so far so good. All my track gear is alpine stars, most of my street gear is icon.

Ride Icon

Prior to the icon boots, I was using various pairs of teknics for street riding. Never any problems outside of being ugly

Last edited:
Back