Need help with a boot purchase...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I need some motorcycle boots and could use some recommendations on makes and models.

I'm looking for a calf-high style boot in black (mostly) that's comfortable (waterproof is NOT important), has the replaceable plastic armor pieces and fits a 13 US sized foot.

I've looked closely at boots along the lines of the Sidi B-2 (see pic). What other makes and models are comparable and what was your experience with them?

Sidi_B_2.jpg

I have a pair of those (B-2), I got them last spring. I love them. They work very well in hot weather at keeping your feet from sweating a bunch. They fit tight and disapear once you crawl on the bike. They DEFFINANTLY are not water proof nor are they made for walking.

I would buy another pair when mine wear out, which I forsee being a very long time from now.

not wade for walking...not waterproof...squeaky...best boot i have ever ridden in!!!
oxtar

I've got a pair of these  very comfortable for street and walking, I like em  got them from   newenough.com SetUp is the brand

setupboot.jpg

(wizeguy @ Nov. 09 2006,11:45) I have a pair of those (B-2), I got them last spring.  I love them.  They work very well in hot weather at keeping your feet from sweating a bunch.  They fit tight and disapear once you crawl on the bike.  They DEFFINANTLY are not water proof nor are they made for walking.

I would buy another pair when mine wear out, which I forsee being a very long time from now.
I'm not too concerned about the walking aspect, but comfort and fit is important. I have a pair of normal looking motorcycle boots (more casual) if I am just going from A to B or attending a casual social event wearing jeans.

But when going on more aggressive weekend rides I'd like the protection of a calf high boot with molded plastic armor in conjunction w/ leathers. Not a pure race/track boot but a more of a street/race boot.

What do you mean they disappear when you crawl on the bike? Do you mean the tightness goes away because of the pre-formed boot?

I too am a oxtar fan, been usin them for a couple of months and love them.

Josh

Back