Field Armor Boots Icon-Need Advice

Are you a woman?
Dude...crawl back under your rock.

This thread is about how can he get his shifter to fit better with the boots he has, not how much better you think your boots are than his and then turn it into a bashing game.
I haven't said anything about MY boots.

I just told him if he wears a cheap boot (That is not a motorcycle boot, just happens to be labeled as one) with a big thick toe, he has to point his toe and slide it underneath the shifter...OR GET A SET OF REAL MOTORCYCLE BOOTS.

The rest of you are crying that I might have hurt his feelings and that your vaginas are bleeding as well out of sympathy.

If you want to adjust your shifter UP so that you can shift it with the ICON's on, don't come to me in 6 months and tell me your tranny is popping out of gear because when you were upshifting with tennies on, you were making half ass shifts (because of the long throw) and now your shift forks are bent. I won't warranty it and I'll tell you to get out.
biggrin.gif

Hey jeffroe your boots are fine. Just make the neccessary adjustments and you will shift fine. You aren't going to get bent shift forks or anything like that. If you do it will be because of you not shifting correctly, not the boot. So adjust and go ride and have fun.

Eventhough I have the SIDI vertigo Corsa (wich is over kill for non track goer like myself I just like the boot and features)I personally love ICON and yes their marketing strategy is they don't do track they do street gear and they make a very good product and besides anything is better than tennis shoes, make your adjustments to the bike and enjoy your boot.

Yea I just bought an 06 Busa for my 31rst birthday today, I've been riding for about 10 years. I have historically wore tennis shoes because I'm kind of a big ogor type guy. I don't need an expensive pair of boots, gloves, or helmet as long as they give me some better level of protection over riding with shorts and a T shirt like I see a lot of young dumb riders doing these days. Plus I'm not rich and have kids to feed.

One thing I like about the ORG is the many opinions everyone has, of course your going to have those guys and gals that think they know it all and your going to have those people that just provide good insight. I really appreciate everyone's insight and advice. To each his own. We all have one thing in common we all love to ride.

I wish we had some good roads other than interstates to hit down here in South Florida, like maybe Cali or North Carolina, a thousand other places.

I've been doing a study on China, basically every time I buy something I look to see where it's made and 95% of the time it's China. I think if I was shorter and my knees weren't already on the edge of the tank just about I wouldn't have a problem shifting with the Field Armor boots, but unfortunately I'm long legged and I just wanted some advice on what other people were doing.

Thanks again I appreciate it. Ride Safe.

-Jeff

Back