Akrapovic and Speigler bars

DSC05099.jpg

:beerchug:

Love the Akrapovic Duals, ya got me thinking now!!!

Great discription in the write up and piccys, thanks for posting.

Best regards Stretch.

I don't want to hijack the thread...but...

:laugh:

DSC_2783-Copy.jpg

The bars are renthal "Road Bike Low". I didn't like the bars that came with the kit - not enough pull back on the ends.

DSC_2780-Copy.jpg

I'm going to change my bars too, just not sure to what yet.
AND...hijack away! It doesn't bother me, I want to see it!

DSC_2787-Copy.jpg

:cheerleader:

They are very comfortable.

I really don't know why I didn't do this mod months ago!

Wonderful!

The handling is not effected, at all. My fav twisties are just as good, if not better actually as the wider bars give you more leverage.

Troppo, Did you buy the wind screen or cut the stock one? I have an extra double bubble that I could cut if I went this direction. Did you have to change the wiring also? I have the braided brake lines so I am covered there.

No, the screen is an MRA model, and it came with the kit from ABM already modded.

The wiring is stock - you just have to get your hand under the dash and remove the cable tie there, it gives you enough slack.

Nice bikes dudes!! I have a K8 with heli bars and 16mm risers. This is a total of 2.25 inch (or 57.27mm) rise. This still is a lean too far over for me. I'm thinking of doing the Spiegler LSL kit. But want bars may 3 inch rise but not too wide. The renthal looks real wide maybe I can cut then. Didn't you guys have to get longer throttle cables?

Thanks, mate.

I also had Helis and 25mm risers....just not enough, so I know how you feel.

The great thing about the conversion is that it allows you to put any kind of bars on there. High, low, you can tailor the beast to YOU.

Have a dig around on the net, there are lots of different bar options.

There is plenty of slack in the throttle cables, no worries.

Troppo, Did you buy the wind screen or cut the stock one? I have an extra double bubble that I could cut if I went this direction. Did you have to change the wiring also? I have the braided brake lines so I am covered there.[/QUO
TE]

You have to get +3" brake and clutch lines too, the stock ones are too short.

Thanks, mate.

I also had Helis and 25mm risers....just not enough, so I know how you feel.

The great thing about the conversion is that it allows you to put any kind of bars on there. High, low, you can tailor the beast to YOU.

Have a dig around on the net, there are lots of different bar options.

There is plenty of slack in the throttle cables, no worries.

+1, I had helibars and risers too, they were a big improvement over stock, but still not enough for me.
As siad above, they are alot of different bar bends to choose from, and fortunately that's the cheap part.
Bars are $20 from Speigler, the money is tied up in the top clamp and brake/clutch lines.
You can also easily cut any bars shorter on each side if you like.

Nice job on everything dude! I have always been fond of Akrapovic. Had a set of carbon fiber cans on an 04 busa and loved them. Not to loud but deep and throaty. I'm not sure the bars would suit me but they look cool. I've never seen a windscreen cut out like that. Good Idea!

Nice job on everything dude! I have always been fond of Akrapovic. Had a set of carbon fiber cans on an 04 busa and loved them. Not to loud but deep and throaty. I'm not sure the bars would suit me but they look cool. I've never seen a windscreen cut out like that. Good Idea!

Thanks Tuf, and you may be suprised on the bars. They're definately different but they handle great.
I've been conditioned to them for years anyway, from many trackdays and races...of 250B motocross.
Now I have a hybrid, I just need some dirt tires.

Sorry guys but what is an MRA windshield? Do you have a company name or hyperlink you can share? I like this setup but I'm not crazy about cutting my windshield.

Thanks,
Bill

Sorry guys but what is an MRA windshield? Do you have a company name or hyperlink you can share? I like this setup but I'm not crazy about cutting my windshield.

Thanks,
Bill

I don't know either.
My windsheild is the stock one and was cut with a bandsaw, and the edges were smoothed with a fine tooth file.

Back