Akrapovic Full Exhaust

I am going to give MotoMummy a call tomorrow to see if they have a 4-2-2 Akro exhaust in stock for a Gen II Busa. I really wanted a TiForce 4-2-2 with the short carbon fiber cans but they discontinued them over a year ago. i am going to go with reflashing the stock ECU, probaby hav ethe guys at Powerhouse in NY reprogram it. Lot's of goodies to add over the long winter.

Jim

It definitely didn't take the map. Went to the skyway and deals gap today. It was backfiring when I let off the throttle. If it did take the map, it will need dyno'd for sure. I really wish it would say "Map Taken" or "transfer complete" when it takes. Cherohala was wet. Deals Gap was real good. No one there and it was crystal clear. I really wish we would have skipped the skyway and just busted up Deals Gap a few times.

i 3rd that
Average gains from a dyno tuned are 2%
If the time, tuners money to ream the ever livin chit out of your bike is worth something you wont notice then all to you.
At 40 years old Its not worth 2-3 extra HP on a street bike unless I want to see a bigger number on the dyno paper.

If the time, tuners money to ream the ever livin chit out of your bike is worth something you wont notice then all to you.
At 40 years old Its not worth 2-3 extra HP on a street bike unless I want to see a bigger number on the dyno paper.

I'm not so much worried about getting extra HP as much as I want it tuned right. If the map worked right and I wasn't backfiring, I prolly wouldn't mess with the dyno tuning.

i agree....

Anyway to by pass it? or fix it to where it won't backfire. In my opinion it just sounds like Shat backfiring.
did you do the pair mod?? if so and its still back firing you could add 5% fuel to the zero brakit through out the rpm on your map..that should be a good starting point..

I'm calling BS on the 2%, get your bike tuned man. There is now way you can add, free flowing exhaust/filter and not do something to the fueling... I did a brock system recently and added a k&n and bike was so lean it made same hp as before 155, mapped with ecu editor and bike made 165 a little rich up top since there is no air blowing for ram air compensation. The thing was lean and rich all over the place with surging and all before tuning and smooth as butter once tuned... Read my signature, be careful of what you ask for free...

Think of it this way, if you only gain 2% from a dyno tune why does dynojet exist?

Why do people make thousands of dollars tuning cars and powersports worldwide?

Why do nhra cars go to the track with a tuner and they are always do fueling adjustments..

Dyno tuning isn't just about hp, it's about run and use conditions.. There is a reason the slow stay slow, cause they don't know how to go faster...

If you think I'm lying, call any real mechanic( a top dog bike guy you trust, not a heresay one ), and see if you change all the dynamics of how a engine flows if its okay to not change anything just bolt on and go? Report back your answers, were standing by... Don't believe everything you read on the net, even from manufacturers..

I had my bike tuned when the ah exhaust and pc went on, glad I did , everything set up right the first time, max out put on my investment.

I'm calling BS on the 2%, get your bike tuned man. There is now way you can add, free flowing exhaust/filter and not do something to the fueling... I did a brock system recently and added a k&n and bike was so lean it made same hp as before 155, mapped with ecu editor and bike made 165 a little rich up top since there is no air blowing for ram air compensation. The thing was lean and rich all over the place with surging and all before tuning and smooth as butter once tuned... Read my signature, be careful of what you ask for free...

Think of it this way, if you only gain 2% from a dyno tune why does dynojet exist?

Why do people make thousands of dollars tuning cars and powersports worldwide?

Why do nhra cars go to the track with a tuner and they are always do fueling adjustments..

Dyno tuning isn't just about hp, it's about run and use conditions.. There is a reason the slow stay slow, cause they don't know how to go faster...

If you think I'm lying, call any real mechanic( a top dog bike guy you trust, not a heresay one ), and see if you change all the dynamics of how a engine flows if its okay to not change anything just bolt on and go? Report back your answers, were standing by... Don't believe everything you read on the net, even from manufacturers..

So what about the Pair mod? If I go get it dyno'd, will I still need to do that mod?

So what about the Pair mod? If I go get it dyno'd, will I still need to do that mod?

Yes, search pair mod on here. Itll stop the backfiring.

There a hose on the right front portion of the airbox floor, plug that hose with a marble.

I had the full dual Akrapovic on my gen2, with BMC race air filter, marble mod/pair blocked, and restrictions removed in ecu editor. My bike ran better than stock and had no issues at all.
A good dyno tune would definately have improved it though.
I'll turn off the restrictions in your ecu if you want it done.
My busa is gone, but I have a bench flasher.
The marble mod will fix your problem too.
All you do is block the hose coming out of the bottom left(throttle side)corner of the airbox.
The catalytic converter is now gone and the pair valve is still pumping air into the exhaust(to improve emmisions), that's the pop on decel that you hear.

I am not going to get into this debate again with golden... This has been argued before in the past.. A few weeks later a member bought an Akrapovic 4-2-1 same as I am running, He ran it on the dyno and then had his ECU tuned and there was ONLY A 2% gain in HP and the AFR was NOT off before the Dyno tune mapping. Akrapovic is the ONLY I repeat ONLY aftermarket exhaust manufacture that states fuel modification is NOT needed with there exhaust systems.
I have been told by others that "You will burn a valve" You will run lean / rich BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! My azz over 20,0000 miles of hard riding, many passes down the dragstrip, topped out bouncing the rev limiter in 6th my engine is just as stout as it was. Idles, smooth and pulls like a grape rape WOT through the complete RPM range.
I am 40 years old and been working on engines for 30+ years I have owned many motorcycles over the years and installed many different kinds of aftermarket exhaust systems and YES I have always had to tune my fueling to get the engine AFR correct.

Akrapovic World Class Top Qaulity with some very expierenced engineers, they didnt cut any corners in the R&D area and the qaulity is in a leauge of there own. My exhaust still looks like it came out of the box from day one.

Ya want power? You dont want to have to tune and spend hours on the dyno to match a Brocks? Buy the one and only Akrapovic if you can afford the spend the extra money, its worth it..

I am done...

Ohh by the way I will help you get rid of the popping ..... Ignore the others and keywords use...

HAYABUSA MARBLE MOD you will find many detailed web links. :beerchug:

The exhaust systems are designed to function properly using the stock carburetor or electronic fuel injection set-ups. This means that no changes to the stock set-ups are necessary in order to use Akrapovic exhaust systems. Also, all of the performance specifications which we measure and list for each exhaust system model are based on stock set-ups. We assume full responsibility for the accuracy of these specifications. However, we also believe that it is possible to improve the original set-ups when our exhaust systems are used.
Of course, the market for tuning kits is extremely large, covering practically every motorcycle component. Tuning of the exhaust system includes the carburetor and EFI settings in addition to aftermarket components. There is a huge demand for this particular combination.
If you decide to rejet your bike in addition to purchasing an Akrapovic exhaust system, we recommend that you check out the range of products offered by the American company Dynojet. They have achieved excellent results with their carburetor and EFI jet kits, which they test themselves and which are specifically tuned for Akrapovic exhaust systems. However, they only cover certain parts of our range, so it’s best to make sure that Dynojet has a kit for your motorcycle and the Akrapovic exhaust system of your choice.

NOTE:

The Akrapovic company assumes no responsibility for the performance specifications given by the Dynojet company or any other tuning company for their products!
We guarantee only the accuracy of the performance characteristics given for Akrapovic exhaust systems, which are based on the motorcycles’ stock engine set-ups, and which are officially issued by the Akrapovic company.
IMPORTANT:

Tuning of electronic fuel injection systems requires precision and care, since unlike carburetors there are many possible settings which could exceed the useful limit for the engine! This could eventually lead to decreased engine performance, i.e. damage to the engine. We assume no responsibility for the proper operation of Akrapovic exhaust systems in the case of rejetting the carburetor or EFI system. (We suggest that you start tuning using the presets given by the manufacturer).
Never change the exhaust system and the jet's or EFI mapping at the same time.
First replace the exhaust system, then the other items. Even when replacing the stock air filter with a modified filter, rejetting/remapping has to be performed.

Could someone please tell me if this is the hole I am supposed to block off? Bottom right of the air box.

8247516817_d2249f3083_c.jpg

Could someone please tell me if this is the hole I am supposed to block off? Bottom right of the air box.

8247516817_d2249f3083_c.jpg

No.
With the tank lifted and looking at the bike from the throttle side, look at the rear lower right corner of the airbox.
You'll see a hose connected to the bottom right side of the airbox.
Put the marble in the top of that hose, or block it in some way.

Back