Akrapovic VS Yosh R77 full systems

Sure does its almost like a poll and it appears that the Akrapovic is favored. Thanks guys for all your input.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey LKYK, a bit late here, you're headed in the right direction. I put a full carbon dual Akra system on Emma in March, so a bit different but not much. Fit and finish, phenominal. Pull out that silencer from the can, first thing you do. :rulez: After 2500 miles she sounds amazing, simply amazing. You'll love it. Re-tune, power is all there for days. Bought mine through moto mummy, although sportbiketrackgear.com had a better price, found it later. Enjoy man!

I have a full r77 4-2-1 system on my busa. I am happy with it so far and Yoshimura has been helpful when I had a spring break and a muffler gasket wear through. I have had the system since March 13 2008. I got it due to price over the Akrapovic. $850 to the $1200 asking price. However, I have had an Akrapovic Full SS exhaust on my 02 1k after having a yoshimura trs slip on. More power and a sweet deeper sound. Louder then the Yoshi, but not stupid loud. A very nice system! If you can afford the Akrapovic, then get that! If you are on a budget, the Yoshi wins due to price. (They will both reduce the weigh of the busa by 33lbs. and both give some hp increase!) The left over money can be used for other items to add to the busa. That was the route I went.

Akrapovic

086.jpg

085.jpg

I have the Akra without the silencer and am fond of it. It has been almost 2-yrs since I purchased it from Ivan's Performance Products, $1000 shipped. I have put 6k miles on the Busa since the install. Went ECU tuned by Cycle Connection in Gaithersburg, MD.

I am about to put a 4-2-1 on the Gixxer and get an ECU tune!

Akrapovic is a better made product imo. It also sounds better and deeper as I had one on my GEN 1 which previously had a yosh. The Yosh brand name is like going out and buying a Tommy Hilfiger shirt.....it use to be the **** before everybody got them and the market was created and people started producing better products

What you might be forgetting here on the Yosh vs Akrapovic dual is you're all comparing AKRAPOVIC with YOSHMURA USA....not Yoshimura JAPAN.
The Yoshimura Japan systems on ebay for the GENII are more expensive than Akrapovic(dual sys vs dual sys).
Just a though(sorry for reviving an old thread but thought it might be worth mentioning:))

Back