Akrapovic and Speigler bars

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I put a full dual Akrapovic and Speigler bars with +3" ss brake/clutch lines(had stock length ss Galfers before)with ABM top clamp on the week before last.

The Akrapovic is a 2 peice header, an X pipe, and of course 2 midpipes and mufflers.
It's extremely well made, weighs practically nothing, and it fit perfectly.
I was also able to adjust my Vortex rearsets to the furthest rear mounting position(they are already at the highest position). They would not mount all the way back before when I was using the stock midpipes, as the rear of the shifter would hit the midpipe.
The Akrapovic midpipes are a smaller diameter with a slightly different angle and give plenty of clearance around the shifter.
I also removed the stickers, as I like it better without them.

I also put my secondary throttle plates back in and left them at stock settings til 6k, then to 94% after 6k(haven't got it to Lee's in Charlotte NC for a dyno tune yet). I also turned the restrictions off again.
For those that don't know this is done with the ecu editor.
The exhaust is impressively smooth and extremely responsive, I can't wait to have it dyno tuned and running at it's best. I also put the baffles back in the tips as I really like the quiet sound. I can't even hear the bike over the wind at 45mph and above:laugh:
Makes for a sneaky get a way:laugh:
I swapped my K&N for a BMC Race too. The BMC Race is around half the thickness of the K&N.
I'm not getting into an air filter discussion either!:laugh:

The ABM top clamp and Speigler bars are a HUGE improvement in comfort for me...ME, I know it's not for everyone. I was amazed at how great it handles, even better than I had hoped.
I can drop this thing into a corner and it feels like I'm going to plow right into the ground:laugh:
I haven't been able to ride it as much as I'de like to get comfortable with it this way, but I love it.
I've been on dirtbikes for many years too, so I like the feel of this style of bars. I like sportbike bars too, but the cruising comfort and ease of corner handling with a taller and wider bar is exactly what I wanted and needed.
The winsheild didn't have to be trimmed up quite as far either. There is clearance for at least another inch on each side. It really only needed a crescent shape cut out. I plan to buy another light smoked stock style and replace it anyway.
The wire/plug that's zip tied to the center of the bars is the power supply for my heated gloves.
I just haven't had time to decide where I want to permanently mount it yet.
And I know someone was gonna ask what it was for:laugh:

SDC10460.jpg

SDC10549.jpg

SDC10559.jpg

SDC10555.jpg

SDC10557.jpg

SDC10561.jpg

Looks great. I have been looking at that bar set up for a while now and was wondering how it would handle. Glad your happy with them, you must have alot of relief on your hands and wrists now, which would make long distant riding a breeze.

Congrats

Looks great. I have been looking at that bar set up for a while now and was wondering how it would handle. Glad your happy with them, you must have alot of relief on your hands and wrists now, which would make long distant riding a breeze.

Congrats

Thanks.
I didn't have alot problems with my hands, but my wrists would ache sometimes.
The reason I got the bars was because of a back injury.
My lower back would hurt and get so stiff from the lean to the bars that I literally couldn't ride for a couple days, even after only a 30 minute ride.
Now it's a night and day improvement! My back still bothers me, but the bike's affect on it is so much better now.
I will probably still order a different bend of bars from Speigler to get the perfect fit for me, as the bars themselves are only $20.
To anyone with back, wrist or hand problems, or anyone who wants to be more upright for cruising or touring, this is no doubt the answer.
I tried 2 heights of risers, and with and without heli-bars before these. They helped alot, but can't compare to these bars.:beerchug:

Pics look fine on my screen, however if I reduce the screen like I do many times cause i am browsing and doing 6 or 10 things at the same time there will be a scroll bar at the bottom of the pics to move left and right to view the missing parts of the pic... so I am guessing it has something to do with the screen resolution that you are pics are cutoff, but I assure it's all there..

Great job on the bars I love that mod.:thumbsup:

Pics look fine on my screen, however if I reduce the screen like I do many times cause i am browsing and doing 6 or 10 things at the same time there will be a scroll bar at the bottom of the pics to move left and right to view the missing parts of the pic... so I am guessing it has something to do with the screen resolution that you are pics are cutoff, but I assure it's all there..

Great job on the bars I love that mod.:thumbsup:
Thanks man!

Nice exhaust. How does it sound? Im not sure if I like the bars though. Might have to grow on me lol.

:laugh:I know, the bars aren't for everyone.
I have the baffles in, as I like the bike quiet.
Imagine the stock sound, now imagine if that sounded good...that's what it sounds like:laugh:
The tone with the tips out is good too.
It's hard to describe what something sounds like, but I like it:laugh:

WHY!? Why are my pics and almost every members posted pics I look at still being cut off on the right side!?:banghead:

i notice you brake adjuster is right our ?
are you getting excessive lever travel after fitting the lines or have you just got big hands.?

you need to resize them on photobucket to 75% so there like this or a size that fits smaller lap top screens (end of my expertise on this sorry ):whistle:

012.jpg

Back