Akrapovic and Speigler bars

I did not have to cut my MRA screen and used the stock Speigler bars,,
generalbikes062.jpg

The clutch and brake cylinders just barely touched my stock windsheild.
Mine did not need to be trimmed as much as it is.
BigE's was the first bike I saw with the Speigler bars, and he has a half circle shape cut out of each side so the master cylinders clear. I like that look and will do that whenever I buy a new stock shaped windsheild.

i notice you brake adjuster is right our ?
are you getting excessive lever travel after fitting the lines or have you just got big hands.?

you need to resize them on photobucket to 75% so there like this or a size that fits smaller lap top screens (end of my expertise on this sorry ):whistle:

012.jpg

I was looking throught this thread today after a pm about it, and I never noticed this question before.
I like to use one or two fingers on my brake and clutch, that's why they are adjusted all the way out.
There is no problems with the lines and they are bled correctly.:beerchug:

I put a full dual Akrapovic and Speigler bars with +3" ss brake/clutch lines(had stock length ss Galfers before)with ABM top clamp on the week before last.

The Akrapovic is a 2 peice header, an X pipe, and of course 2 midpipes and mufflers.
It's extremely well made, weighs practically nothing, and it fit perfectly.
I was also able to adjust my Vortex rearsets to the furthest rear mounting position(they are already at the highest position). They would not mount all the way back before when I was using the stock midpipes, as the rear of the shifter would hit the midpipe.
The Akrapovic midpipes are a smaller diameter with a slightly different angle and give plenty of clearance around the shifter.
I also removed the stickers, as I like it better without them.

I also put my secondary throttle plates back in and left them at stock settings til 6k, then to 94% after 6k(haven't got it to Lee's in Charlotte NC for a dyno tune yet). I also turned the restrictions off again.
For those that don't know this is done with the ecu editor.
The exhaust is impressively smooth and extremely responsive, I can't wait to have it dyno tuned and running at it's best. I also put the baffles back in the tips as I really like the quiet sound. I can't even hear the bike over the wind at 45mph and above:laugh:
Makes for a sneaky get a way:laugh:
I swapped my K&N for a BMC Race too. The BMC Race is around half the thickness of the K&N.
I'm not getting into an air filter discussion either!:laugh:

The ABM top clamp and Speigler bars are a HUGE improvement in comfort for me...ME, I know it's not for everyone. I was amazed at how great it handles, even better than I had hoped.
I can drop this thing into a corner and it feels like I'm going to plow right into the ground:laugh:
I haven't been able to ride it as much as I'de like to get comfortable with it this way, but I love it.
I've been on dirtbikes for many years too, so I like the feel of this style of bars. I like sportbike bars too, but the cruising comfort and ease of corner handling with a taller and wider bar is exactly what I wanted and needed.
The winsheild didn't have to be trimmed up quite as far either. There is clearance for at least another inch on each side. It really only needed a crescent shape cut out. I plan to buy another light smoked stock style and replace it anyway.
The wire/plug that's zip tied to the center of the bars is the power supply for my heated gloves.
I just haven't had time to decide where I want to permanently mount it yet.
And I know someone was gonna ask what it was for:laugh:

View attachment 234280

View attachment 234281

View attachment 234282

View attachment 234283

View attachment 234284

View attachment 234285

Beautiful Busa NICE , when I grow up Im going to get that set up

I see you trimmed your windshield how hard was it and is there any tips suggestions what did you use
Thanks for your time

Measure several times.
Cover a few inches of each side in masking tape, draw your lines on that.
I used a bandsaw, but a dremel works good too.
Depending on what you cut it with, you may need a fine file to smooth the edges.

Back