A ride with the Harleys

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
Took a little trip on Veterens Day with a bunch of harley riders up to Lake Lure and Chimney Rock NC. Six total. It was a nice and enjoyable ride, kind of laid back enjoy the ride. No balls to the wall speed or kneedragging but a real nice cruise. It's about 125 miles one way, so we rode up, had a bite of lunch at a local place then back home. Took about 5 hours total. Everyone had a good time except one of the guys girlfriend. It was about 42 degrees when we left out and she had on one of those half helmets so her face got pretty cold. Coming back it was around 60 degrees,so it felt good. Thought I'd share a couple of pics.

100_2184.jpg

100_2183.jpg

100_2185.jpg

Most of the sportbike riders around here are the younger crowd that want to do 120 on the back country roads with no gear and very little sense. I like to go fast like everyone else but give me some open hwy and gear. I'm 40 with a family that I want to see again.

Looks great. I have several good harley friends so no offense to anyone but your 'busa sure looks like a wolf among sheep.

Great pictures, love the fall colors. Most all the leaves here have fallen off. Looks like a good time.:thumbsup:

Most of the sportbike riders around here are the younger crowd that want to do 120 on the back country roads with no gear and very little sense. I like to go fast like everyone else but give me some open hwy and gear. I'm 40 with a family that I want to see again.

Whole bunch of wisdom in that short statement. Thanks for sharing...looks like you guys caught a nice day.:beerchug:

RTGT, Great pics, I do that ride alot. I'm in Rock Hill so not too far from you. Hopefully by spring I'll be riding again so we could do the Boone have lunch and back trip. I don't ride with the younger guys too much myself either. Almost strangled the life outta one of the little jokers last year, (split through 2 of us doing a wheely) but he had to stop eventually, hence the choking episode. Have fun...Mike

My whole family rides Harley and I dont really have any friends with bikes so you're scenario is pretty much the norm for me....6 harleys 1 busa. I usually lay at the back of the pack until the road gets a bit curvy, then I have my little fun moment and stop to smoke a cigarette while I wait on them to catch up,lol. I do seem to get alot better fuel economy when I'm riding with them though.:thumbsup:

Sometimes I ride my Honda VTX cruiser instead of my 'Busa...seems to take FOREVER to get anywhere! Riding the cruiser is like moving in slo-mo compared to riding the 'Busa. (Maybe because it is, LOL)
I imagine it's the same way with the HD guys.

CW

The difference...

Riding with cruisers a 3 hour ride takes 8 hours but you chat a bit more but stop too frequently... Day can be kinda tiring but its good to get to know riders...

Sportbike riders luv using the skills that it takes to ride fast... Cover more distance in less time... Result... Get home quick to watch AMA, motogp or WSBK races!!!

I'm 53 and love being the only Busa in a sea of black harleys. It goes over well, everyone wants to know how fast have I gone. Then we get drunk.

View attachment 1636712

All the posts here are three years old except yours. I’m just south of Yosemite fairly close to Merced. When the bike is fixed let me know. Maybe I’ll finally see another Busa on the road. I ride a lot on 49, 120, 140, 132 and most of the other country roads in or near the foothills.

...just don't get drunk and ride. I'm going across the street for a beer or six right now. Bikes in the garage. Last week, there was a Ferrari parked outside and I so wanted to get my bike and ask if he wanted to have some fun. Couldn't do it, just had a few beers. I can pick and choose when to go fast but once I'm half in the bag, that's just how it is for a while.

Back