DYNOING A BUSA AT A HARLEY SHOP?

I wanted to enter my turbo busa in a dyno shootout at a local hd shop for $250 prize.  They said I could dyno it for $20 but not enter the contest... it was only for hd's.  How lame... I woulda toasted em with 260+rwhp.
laugh.gif
what was the most a Harley made?

130 is considered really badass for any harley type bike naturally aspirated, most sportster owners (fastest air cooled harley) get pretty excited when they see 80-90 hp at the wheel.

perhaps I am stupid....but why the hell would anyone want to
dyno a freaking harley? You might as well dyno
a Vespa scooter.

I think I am going to use the Harlet dealership here to help a friend tune his PC on his R6. That prolly will put down bigger numbers than the little piggies they sell.

I imagine one of the main differences between doing a dyno on a Hardley and a 'Busa is that afterwards - with the 'Busa - you don't have to sweep up the parts that fell off during the run...

"They'd be trying to install floorboards and leather tassels on the bar levers besides trying to make it as loud as possible..."
"i'm not into the floorboard look, but i can't wait to put one of those extra tall sissy bars with the gold eagle on it on my busa!! "
"Don't forget the ape hangers and turning it into a hard tail.
jump9.gif
"
Any PhotoChoppers out there up to the task?

They dyno them for the same reason as we do, to get decent power without being excessively rich and wasting fuel or getting it hot enough to melt stuff, even more crucial on an air cooled engine. Harleys also come extremely choked down from the factory due to epa regs being harder to meet with an air cooled carb bike, so rejetting and exhaust on a HD can actually net a very noticable improvment, obviously not busa territory, but they squirt through traffic pretty well, at least my sportster did.

I can't knock the Harleys I have 2 and yes they are fun to tool around on, but when it comes time to really ride or the ole lady wants to spin around, my @ss is on the busa, the looks we get when we're out is priceless, major double takes.

I can't knock the Harleys I have 2 and yes they are fun to tool around on, but when it comes time to really ride or the ole lady wants to spin around, my @ss is on the busa, the looks we get when we're out is priceless, major double takes.
yeah i had fun on a 03 sportster, a jet change,screamin eagle air cleaner and knock out the baffles probably added 15-20 hp at the wheel. i bet more power commanders are sold for Harleys than anyone else too,so at least they are trying. i like Harleys but they just don't compare to my two Zuki's then again they are on a different mission.

yeah nothing like having an old school motorcycle you can rebuild the engine on in an afternoon without even removing it..they are built like old aircraft engines, pushrod air cooled with induvidually removable cylinders..gear drive cams..and dry sump oiling.

Back