philiow313

Registered
baaa.gif
Im here! First a little backround info on me:
im a
aktion035.gif

usually,
withstupid.gif

and im 16, im a guy, my names Phil, and i love cars more than motorcycles, dont harp on me, but my dad had a 69 Camaro, and that started it all out for me. but he did have a very nice amateur motorcycle racing career, until he had a bad crash at Sears Point in Sonoma. He has a Norton motorcycle, wanted a Hayabusa, but opted for the '02 WRX
devil.gif
(that beast from the east can really fly, even stock)

ok so anyways, my questions. where can i find some good pictures or movies of the Hayabusa, my favorite bike? I went to Sears Point with ym dad and brother for the AMA series last weekend, and saw a bunch of them in the bike parking lots, and they were awesome!
ernaehrung004.gif

Anyone live in Solano County that has a Hayabusa? I'd like to see it, and im thinking, since bikes are cheaper than cars, ill start with a bike instead of the car. How much is the hayabusa, and would you recommend it to me as a first bike?

Thanks for your time, I'll be on the board more often now.
lachen011.gif

Point blank NO!! The Busa will not be good for your first bike. It will also not be cheaper than a car, by the time you add insurance maintainance etc. :hammerhead:

a good video to get would be Mach 2 or Mach 3.  They run the Busa, CBR 1100, R1 and the ZZR 1100 on the first one and the Busa, CBR100 and the ZX 1200 in Mach 3.  You can order then here
http://www.fastbikesmag.com/

Sorry philiow313,

But you asked, I hope you will take the experienced advise that is given here.

Phil, MAMA used to say take your time young man.The Busa is a lot of bike it should be for experienced riders only!get some serious miles under your belt and take MSF course along with a track course and get some experience.Oh do you have a trust fund or something ,shouldnt you be thinking about a career.
nervous.gif

I got mine as a first at 23 (although with off-road experience) and it was plenty of a handful for me.

At 16, you've got two problems. The first is the expected urge for speed, we've all had it and most of us were lucky to survive the stupid stuff we've done. If you're an exception to that rule, and unusually responsible and level-headed, that's good.

However, your second problem is that, no matter how responsible you may be, the insurance companies will never believe you. Expect to pay $6000-13000 per year in insurance. If you can finance outright and get liability, that's fine, although a tremendous risk you place on yourself should you wreck or have it stolen.

I also know the feeling that you might think that this won't be around, especially with the speed restrictions getting worse (it's confirmed ALL will be limited to 165 in 2004). There are always ways around things like that, though.
wink.gif

Back