Finally bought a busa for my first bike!

b-eezy86

Registered
IMG_2254.jpg
Im 21 years old and ive been looking for a motorcycle for about a year now. This is my first bike but i already knew how to ride from a dirt bike that i had as a teenager. I know i busa isn't a beginner's bike but i got a really good deal on a red and black 2005 model. i already bought a red and black fulmer helmet to match and now im looking for a joe rocket "busa" jacket to go with it also. Riding tips, comments and questions welcome. im new to this forum so this is my first post...

Welcome to the addiction, you will find great people and endless advise here. Please be safe and get to know your Busa!

Use a great deal of caution with that throttle. A twist of 1/16th of an inch is enough to cause some major acceleration.

Stay relaxed and loose and ride within your abilities. Better to learn slowly and ride for a long and happy lifetime than to try to go too fast all at once and end it in an early crash.

Have fun, though. That's the most important thing and welcome to the board!

--Wag--

Congrats and welcome! Make sure to get that gear and post up more pics.

Just remember its a heavy beast, always park it facing up hill so as it wont fall off its side stand.

good luck and enjoy it

welcome.gif
to the insanity.  Be careful moving it around the garage and at intersections.  Low speed drops are expensive with a Busa.  Take your time to get to know her before seeing what she has to offer.

nice bike.the hardest thing to get use too on a busa is that famous question everybody dying too ask you at the gas station. ( IS IT FAST
rock.gif
)other than that you picked a great bike too start out with.

Welcome to the oRg! You have chosen a bike that will take care of you if you take care of it. Like Wag stated, respect that right wrist. She will be gentle and good natured until you open her up, when you do that, be prepared. Again, welcome, if you have questions, ask away! We need more pics!
beerchug.gif

Congratulations!

Take it easy til you get to know her. Under 5k rpm and she's a kitten. Over that, you better know what the h-e-l-l you are doing.

Welcome, and as many others have stated, this bike will treat you well and be very civilized as long as you respect it.

Good luck w/ the new ride..my busa was my first bike as well.. and i had very lil bike exp. prior... Easy as cake to ride.. but like most have mentioned.. she's sweet and gentle.. till you twist it.. She bite's hard.. and everything's a blur after that..

Congrats on the new bike!  I just bought an '05 in the same colors as well.  You already know it's a lot of bike for a first bike, so there's no reason to drone on about it other than to say it takes a short time to get going and a long way to stop so plan accordingly.  

Staying safe on the road is all about mental clarity in my opinion.  Keep a clear mind and be a little paranoid about everyone else on the road.  Make it a constant habit to play scenarios in your head while you're riding of what could go wrong and if you don't see a way out, get to a position where you do.  Soon it will come naturally if you make it a habit.  Aside from that, the other major difference on the street is the little things that will mess you up... leaves, dirt, oil, sand and gravel on the road are all your enemies.  So are cold tires!

Good luck!  Hope to see you staying shiny side up for a long time!

Back