Finally bought a busa for my first bike!

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the org. Even though you have experience on dirt bikes, I hope you will consider taking the MSF class. It will help you survive on the street.

welcome.gif
newbie.gif
be safe and enjoy

Beautiful bike!

Glad to hear that you are into gearing up for a ride. Since you have dirt bike experience, you know how important a good pair of boots are, so add them to your list of gotta haves.

You are gonna LOVE riding your bike, I mean REALLY love riding your bike!

The only downside I can see about getting a 'Busa as a first street bike is that you don't have any other experience to compare it to. You are starting out at the absolute top-of-the-line, and riding anything else would be a disappointment.

Congrats and be careful out there.
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the madness
winkold.gif

I recommend taking a MSF course. May lower your insurance, you'll have to check.

Some people think those are the fastest colors. Others disagree.

Welcome to the oRg, dude.

Hope you enjoy yourself here. Plenty to see and do. New friends.

Be safe & sane; stick around awhile.

Scar

REMEMBER,...........everyone learns to ride fast,........but no everyone learns to stop quick. It takes practice to stop a 550 lb. machine plus rider. Find a safe place to practice your braking. Go take a motorcycle safety class. Insurance will give you a 10 percent deduction in some states by taking this class. Being 21,....and buying a Busa,.....I'm sure your rates are somewhat high. Use your head,....learn your bike,......and NEVER EVER lose "focus" anytime you're in the saddle!!! Giddy-UP!!
deadhorse.gif

Welcome!

Busa was my first bike, I learned to ride on mine literally- riding in my neighborhood, start and stop, shifting and braking, turning...

18 months and 10,000 miles later I will ride with anyone, anywhere. It's all about saddle time and progressing at a comfortable rate for YOU, no one else!

I'll tag onto what Yorad said above, drivers do NOT pay attention to a motorcycle on the street. I can't count the times just in my short career that I would have been down if I hadn't been the one to take action to prevent it. Here's the attitude to take concerning drivers-

Pretend they are all trained assassins trying deliberately to kill you, and it is up to you to recognize all the ways they can kill you at all times and act in a manner that prevents them from doing so.

Not in a paranoid psycho frame of mind, but in a learning hyper-aware of your surroundings frame of mind-defensive driving takes on a whole new meaning when you are on a bike, because your life is literally on the line. In a car you get hurt in a crash, but a typical fender-bender everyone walks away with bumps and bruises. On the bike you are more often than not broken or pavement-burned or have life-changing injuries.

This isn't meant as a downer, it's just part of the excitement of riding that you DO pay attention and are totally engaged in the ride with all senses at full gain to assess your surroundings every second you are on the bike. Okay, end of sermon...
2cents.gif

Read books both on riding in traffic and for performance. Before I bought my bike I read "Motorcycling Excellence" by the MSF Foundation, and Keith Code's "A Twist of the Wrist". HIGHLY recommend, if you don't have the money for them right now I will send them to you tomorrow as a lending library.
smile.gif

Gear: dress for the crash, not for the ride. Minimum is helmet, armored jacket, boots, gloves, armored pants. Some ride with less, it's a free country. I've seen some horrifying pictures of people who went down with jeans on, it's the same as sliding on asphalt naked after the first second it takes them to shred. Crashing on the street is different than dirt, asphalt is like taking a belt sander with 60-grit to skin for the number of seconds it takes to slide to a stop. Even mesh gear for hot weather has come a long way, it provides at least "Good" protection and I've worn it in 100 degree heat before. Much better than a T-shirt...

P.S.- Whew, didn't mean to write a book! Kinda got on a roll there...
blush.gif

Bottom line enjoy this awesome machine, and be safe to laugh at this post a year from now!
winkold.gif

I disagree with Shibumi. 60 grit sandpaper is a pleasant tickle compared to sliding across asphalt.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Welcome!

The Busa may be the single fastest, and possibly the most effortless way to unwittingly kill yourself on a motorcycle, so +1 on the Motorcycle Safety Class before you put yourself at risk on the streets.

Be careful, and have fun!!

Wow! A busa as a 1st bike? Hope they dont scrape you off the road someday bro. You sound like you got your head on right. Wear gear at all times and learn to ride before you learn to speed! Learn to control that bike in a corner and youll be ok. It only takes one single f-up to end your life.
bowdown.gif

Human see by target fixating. We cannot see like a movie. if you move your eyes from one side to the other with your head straight, you see next to nothing in between. You move your eyes from one side to another with a pause to focus on something and then move to the next something to pause and focus on before getting to the other side. This is how all humans see. Use this to your advantage. Target fixate on the holes in traffic, or your escape route. If something were to happen RIGHT NOW you are going where you need to be RIGHT NOW. Try to never fixate for more than 1 second on any object(hole, etc). In case of emergency, in theory, you should already be heading towards your escape route because you go where you look. This works great in turns, look ahead and don't get caught fixating 5' in front of the bike.
Please, please, please don't drink and ride.
beerchug.gif

Human see by target fixating.  We cannot see like a movie.  if you move your eyes from one side to the other with your head straight, you see next to nothing in between.  You move your eyes from one side to another with a pause to focus on something and then move to the next something to pause and focus on before getting to the other side.  This is how all humans see.  Use this to your advantage.  Target fixate on the holes in traffic,  or your escape route.  If something were to happen RIGHT NOW you are going where you need to be RIGHT NOW.  Try to never fixate for more than 1 second on any object(hole,  etc).  In case of emergency,  in theory,  you should already be heading towards your escape route because you go where you look.  This works great in turns,  look ahead and don't get caught fixating 5' in front of the bike.
Please,  please,  please don't drink and ride.
beerchug.gif
i had to read this twice but thats good
ThumbsUp.gif

Back