A call at 6 a.m. is never good...

Ya those calls are like blue lights in the rear view mirror...never good news. I'm glad it turned out ok! Cars come and go but people are hard to replace.

(VaBusa @ Jan. 04 2007,13:10)
(Over_Easy @ Jan. 04 2007,13:03)
(VaBusa @ Jan. 04 2007,10:00)
(Over_Easy @ Jan. 04 2007,12:56) Got one of those calls earlier this year from the wife on her way to work...luckily she just ended up blowing a rear tire, but the fugger cost $300.00 for a new one! Damn sport tires.

BTW, Michelle, my car I totalled in 1992 (ironic) had the same type of roof line cave-in your Miata did. My side was okay but the passenger side was caved in...lucky.
I'd say someone was looking down on him today...I can't believe the passenger side is so messed up and his side looks nearly untouched...glad your accident yielded the same and $300 for a tire?! Ouch...
I know it was a 245/40 ZR 18 Michelin Pilot Sport. Thankfully the other rear tire had enough tread on it so I only had to buy one.

I'd post some pics of my totalled car in 92' to show you the comparison but no digital cameras for college students back then.
Wow, thanks for letting me know that 18" tires aren't so great LOL I upgraded to 17" in my Mustang and I cringe at that replacement bill when the time comes...

Isn't technology great nowadays?! We used to have to wait 'til everyone went by the local garage to see the train wreck of an accident LOL
smile.gif
Dont get ripped on the price, I get my 17's for less than 100 a piece.

We should chat.

Honestly, I think when Mike bought my 17" rims for my birthday (upgraded from 16's), we spent less than $400 for the 4 new tires...but, if I am looking later and find I'm getting screwed, I'll be chatting with you!
smile.gif

Glad to hear he is okay, although buying a new car is fun i'd take all the parts from that one and build a new one.

(heavybusa @ Jan. 05 2007,13:54) Glad to hear he is okay, although buying a new car is fun i'd take all the parts from that one and build a new one.
I heard talk of "that Miata would make one hell of a golf cart" last night, so I think I'm in big trouble...
laugh.gif

Dayum, Glad he's OK. Pisser though that the Miata is all ate up.

FWIW the New Miatas are pretty damn sweet.

(VaBusa @ Jan. 05 2007,14:05)
(heavybusa @ Jan. 05 2007,13:54) Glad to hear he is okay, although buying a new car is fun i'd take all the parts from that one and build a new one.
I heard talk of "that Miata would make one hell of a golf cart" last night, so I think I'm in big trouble...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Fantastic!!!

laugh.gif

(Revlis @ Jan. 05 2007,14:12) Dayum, Glad he's OK.  Pisser though that the Miata is all ate up.  

He's busy looking...found an older one with a Ford V8 dropped in it, few mods, oh, maybe 400 hp  
eek2.gif
 I did this --->  
ices_rofl.gif
then said something about monkeys flying out of my...anywho, yeah, he's looking at the newer ones...  
cool.gif

heavy - not you too?!  
laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ Jan. 05 2007,14:26)
(Revlis @ Jan. 05 2007,14:12) Dayum, Glad he's OK. Pisser though that the Miata is all ate up.

He's busy looking...found an older one with a Ford V8 dropped in it, few mods, oh, maybe 400 hp
eek2.gif
I did this --->
ices_rofl.gif
then said something about monkeys flying out of my...anywho, yeah, he's looking at the newer ones...
cool.gif

heavy - not you too?!
laugh.gif
It must be part of the man wiring.

4x4-mazda-miata.jpg

That is a sporty 2 seater, but I don't know that he'd make the jump from a Mazda...I pass one some mornings on the way in to work...very nice job done by Pontiac!
beerchug.gif

(VaBusa @ Jan. 05 2007,14:42) That is a sporty 2 seater, but I don't know that he'd make the jump from a Mazda...I pass one some mornings on the way in to work...very nice job done by Pontiac!
beerchug.gif
There are a lot of nice 2 seaters, miata used to have the market locked.

But now you have to look around and always buy used.

*bump* because I can't believe Mike's luck...

He bought that Miata 10 years ago, used, for $10,000

Progressive is going to give him $3900 for the car, our buy back (their salvage value) is just $200, they need to reimburse us $225 for the towing and he's already got a guy from Fairfax that wants the car and is willing to pay $2000 for it...the guy drove 3 hours on Sunday to look at the car and it's his as soon as we can sell it...

Mike will clear $6000 after it's all said and done...not bad for a 1992 Miata, and you guys all laugh at him for driving it LOL
tounge.gif

BTW, he's eyeing a GT Mustang, so he's giving up the old "I need something economical"
laugh.gif

I told you, there's a horse shoe somewhere
laugh.gif
I would never get this kind of luck! LOL I just can't believe he's pretty much driven a car for 10 years now at the cost of about $4000
beerchug.gif

Just saw this, my 1st thought was "Oh No, this doesn't sound good". Glad it wasn't like that. Sure i'm glad he's ok.

(fasttoys1 @ Jan. 09 2007,14:39) Just saw this, my 1st thought was "Oh No, this doesn't sound good". Glad it wasn't like that. Sure i'm glad he's ok.
Oh yeah, everything's okay
smile.gif
Got even better when we saw that old car holds its value! If I totaled my Mustang, I think I'd be lucky to get $1000! LOL

I'm so glad Mike's ok. I'm sure you were as shook up as he was.

I just lost a friend who was in an accident the same night.

Back