The man I call Dad is not doing well

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
My step dad has been in the hospital ICU since Friday. He is circling the drain now.
Today while I was there the doctor asked about any DNR's or No Codes. It is my dad's wish to not be kept alive.
He is on a ventilator right now and we were asked if we wanted it removed and said no not yet.
He is entering multi system failure. It kills me to have to be at work right now until 3:30PM. Then I am going to the hospital until he leaves.

This man was the father he didn't have to be. There was a great length of time that we did not see eye to eye. I am just so glad that in the last year we have come to see each other as the men we are and that we understand we were both wrong about our attitudes.

I love him with all my heart and it kills me to see him like this. I want more time with him.

I can't type any more through these tears.

Sorry to hear it Kevin. You know I'm here if you need me. :please:

I am very sorry to hear this Kevin. I talked about this kind of stuff with my dad before he passed away. He always told me that no matter what, this is the way it has to be, the natural order of life. He could not stand it if I went before him and it was one of his biggest fears, a man having to lay his son to rest. I know it may not mean much now, but you have my best wishes and prayers my friend.

hen I heard of Michelle's dad passing I called my Dad and told I love him and I'm greatful for having had his example to help me through life. It scared the hell out of him! He has been calling me every day asking if I'm alright.
Sort of funny but I was determined that he would know that while he could appreciate it. We have to appreciate our Dad's while we can.

Wishing you and your dad the best Kevin. I'll include you all in my prayers.

im very sorry you are going through this kevin. it seems it is not a good time of year for most. my prayers are with you and yours as well.. please keep your head up and fill your heart with the memories and good times to help you through :please:

Dear Heavenly Father, With heavy hearts we come to You. You are Almighty Creator God; holy and full of grace and love. Our hearts are heavy because of a life that is leaving us. Death engulfs us Lord. Fear is waiting to take us down. Thank You Father, that because of Jesus, You know our pain and sorrow intimately. Thank You that Jesus knows the way through this dark shadow. Take the hand of Kevin's father and make Yourself known. Guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Keep that which is Your own and take it into eternity to be with You. In Jesus, death is but a shadow. Jesus has swallowed up its sorrows and pain. Thank You Jesus for the cross. Thank You Jesus for the resurrection. Lord, we are before You, confessing that You are Lord of all; the gate keeper to eternal life. Your grace and love abound even as our sin seems ever increasing. Take our hands Lord and lead us through. We lay our fears at your feet. Your promise is that You -- and You alone -- will come to take us home. As it says in Psalm 23:4: “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.â€￾ (ESV)

Very sorry to hear that Kevin, I hope everything turns around for the best! :please:
I feel your pain, I was at the hospital last week also with my dad too.

I'm so sorry to read this, brother. PLEASE let Diana and I know if there is anything we can do. You are in our hearts and thoughts.

I'm so sorry to read this, brother. PLEASE let Diana and I know if there is anything we can do. You are in our hearts and thoughts.

Absolutely! Don't hesitate to call if you need anything. I'm so sorry your going through this. I don't think there's anything worse than a hospital vigil.

Back