A call at 6 a.m. is never good...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
He's okay, so that's the most important thing...I had 2 pretty worried kids on my hands this morning when I had to wake them up to go to the scene of the accident, and I was pretty much out of it, worried about what I'd see when I got there.  The cop cars and an ambulance didn't help...
sad.gif

When they saw their Dad, they both screamed with joy...

He was on a road that is famous for bad wrecks; the state is currently in the planning phase for straightening and widening the only curvy road we have, so there goes my twisty training
laugh.gif

Mike said the back end just broke loose in a turn and the car rolled; he even thought at first a rear tire went, but they're all intact.  The car is not...it's a loss, frame is bent, it's a '92 so we know it's not worth anything at this point as far as insurance goes...I'm so glad he had the hard top on it; I have yet to really know what happens when a convertible rolls...don't care to find out either...

Mike's sore, but he's obviously more upset over the car...he JUST finished putting a new motor in it, new shocks, even installed new speakers in the last couple of days...it was a fun slot car kind of every day driver, but I'm guessing after he dismantles what he can from it, it'll be scrap metal...

My kids offered up advice to Dad, saying "we can take it to a monster truck show Dad" so the trucks can crush it
smile.gif

Some pics taken a short while ago...I just now got to work... *sigh*

At least Mike's okay...quite a scare for us all...

Poor Miata

Glad to hear he is okay. Holy crap. Looks like he was holding up the drivers side. He's lucky.

Wow. Glad he is OK. One lucky man, I'd say.

I can't even imagine the apprehension driving to the accident.. my heart would be beating out of my chest! And with 2 kids? cripes.

glad he is ok
beerchug.gif
...i've got a Spyder which is convertible and have had those same thoughts (what would happen if it rolled)...he'll be really sore for the next few days but it is always good when you can walk away

"monster truck show"........
laugh.gif
hilarious!!!

glad Mike is OK.
muscle.gif

time to buy a new car....YAY!!!

Yeah, he's okay...I'm on the phone with him now; he's shaken up, upset, but we'll be okay...

Thanks for the well-wishes...he's busy looking at new cars online, so he's found a great diversion for a while...
smile.gif

Looked at the pictures. All I can say is .... WOW.
eek2.gif

Glad he is OK.

I'm so glad to hear he's OK. Much worse than what my wife went through yesterday.

If he decides on another rollerskate (miata) make sure he gets a rollbar in it. They fit fine under the hardtop and softtop.

(ToyKraz @ Jan. 04 2007,11:48) Looked at the pictures. All I can say is .... WOW.
eek2.gif

Glad he is OK.
Yeah, testament to that little car I guess...for a 1992, I'm pretty impressed with how it withstood a rollover...
smile.gif

(PandaNin @ Jan. 04 2007,11:51) I'm so glad to hear he's OK.  Much worse than what my wife went through yesterday.  

If he decides on another rollerskate (miata) make sure he gets a rollbar in it.  They fit fine under the hardtop and softtop.
ices_rofl.gif
A rollerskate!! That's perfect...
laugh.gif

He's looking at another one or maybe a Honda S2000...he's a fan of the 2 seaters I guess...something used and cheap!

Thanks Ken...he's going to be just fine...
smile.gif

Figured some pics of a wrecked car with some good news at the end is a great way to start a day on the org!
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

(LadyHawk @ Jan. 04 2007,11:27) Wow. Glad he is OK. One lucky man, I'd say.

I can't even imagine the apprehension driving to the accident.. my heart would be beating out of my chest! And with 2 kids? cripes.
Girl, I've found throughout the many "mini heart attacks" I've had since the kids took to dirt bikes and go carts, that I either panic and act like a fool, OR I'm almost too calm so I can get through it all...I was completely calm until I got to work!
laugh.gif
Now, it's hitting me that today could have been a very, very bad day... *whew*

(VaBusa @ Jan. 04 2007,11:55)

He's looking at another one or maybe a Honda S2000...he's a fan of the 2 seaters I guess[/Quote]
Yep , sounds like he's gonna be just fine .
wink.gif
Glad to hear he's OK Michelle !

Back