5$ gas and 2 kids?

VW Polo like this one :thumbsup:

The 2010 turbo-diesel Polo won the awards for World Car of The Year and European Car of The Year.

My wife loves her Polo. It is quick, smooth, has ABS, their ESP (stabilisation) system, airbags all over the place, disc brakes, etc, etc.
I do wonder, though, if it would be too small for the average American family. A Golf might be a better size.

My diesel Hilux costs me far less to run than the petrol variant would, despite the price differences between the two fuels.

When will it stop fuel prices?
I cant belive it think paid $4.15 diesel
6 wheeler straight truck i was in 2011 international 11 miles 2 gallon with 7000lbs on.
Prices going increase all summer?

When will it stop fuel prices?
I cant belive it think paid $4.15 diesel
6 wheeler straight truck i was in 2011 international 11 miles 2 gallon with 7000lbs on.
Prices going increase all summer?

Missed that message completely, sorry.

It sounds like your best bet may be a 1 year old Jetta TDI, but be sure to get the newer version that gets the great mileage.

congrats on the new baby! i am no help because i drive an 08' tundra v8 but i can say any 4cyl. sedan such as a nissan altima would be sufficient. decent power, spacious, and produce roughly about 30mpg.

I love the new Hyundai elantra and sonata. Elantra gets 29c 40hwy, costs 22000 fully loaded with navigation,4 heated leather seats, touch entry and start. The sonata is much larger and only gets 5 MPG less, but entry level is 20000 and loaded is 28000. 20000 is my budget.

Thoughts or experiences. Oh yea 10 year/100000 mile warranty standard
Posted via Mobile Device

Nissan LEAF.....I drive a diesel dog...great mileage low maintaince...I
Change oil & filters every 5000km & my fluids once a year. Hilux yeah!! I'm thinking about a Navara....sweet

Didn't mention if you're looking for new or used? I know they're not much on amenities, but you can pick up a used Metro pretty cheap.

'97 Geo Metro 3 cyl, 1.0 L, Manual 5-spd
37 City, 40 Combined, 44 Highway

'97 Geo Metro 4 cyl, 1.3 L, Manual 5-spd
33 City, 35 Combined, 39 Highway

A buddy of mine bought a '96 Metro XFi (2dr hatchback) with the 3 cyl. Claims he's getting around 50mpg! He had to do some searching to get one at a good price, said the demand and price is going up as the gas prices go up.

Oh, and congrats on the new addition to the family!

Congrats on the kiddo! :beerchug:

No offense but with TWO kids, I wouldn't be looking at cheap cars. I'd research crash tests FIRST, then reliability and finish with mpg... :thumbsup:

You can't go wrong with a Honda Accord, Acura TSX, BMW 3-series, etc...

thanks, we will know more about the baby in may. her fist appt. is like may 18th. due date is assumed to be VERY close to christmas. so i have the rest of the year to save and look. im really intrigued by the hyundai elantra's. 6 airbags. saftety tests not yet released. but i really just dont want a payment. if i hadnt lost my job a year ago i wouldnt be in this mess, but now i work for half of what i used to make and its harder to just go pick up a car.

believe me, my kids safety is a top concern, but i also have to live within my budget. i have never missed a payment and never intend to either. ive achieved an 800+ credit rating and got there by not living beyond my means..... BMW and Acura arent even in my line of sight. top budget is 20k and i plan on living with this decision for a very long time. probably 10 years, unless i run into a winning lottery ticket. :cheerleader: oh wait i dont buy those.

You can buy a couple year old Acura, BMW, whatever...in the $20k's all day long WITH factory warranty. Do your research and search around....if you have to have a new car for $20k you are going to get what you pay for.

Jetta TDI
Ford Focus
Corolla
Civic

All are outstanding cars. Low maintenance costs and high mileage. Hybrids are expensive to buy and the breakover to "saving" money is further out. They also sacrifice on tire durability. Not to mention the battery packs have something like a 10yr lifespan.

Back