2003 Gsxr1000

Got the gas tank back from the powdercoater's today, and it turned out great.
It's a satin black, and has a light texture, they said they use it on 4wd lifted truck suspension, as it's extremely durable, lol...overkill is always good.
$200 total, which I think is cheap, and works for me.
I'll post more pictures after I get the cap in it, and the tank on the bike.
I am going to order some type of black knee grips on each side of the tank, with a matching center too.
I'm also getting 'Suzuki' or the Suzuki 'S' satin black decals, to ghost in, and the same for the new fairings and tail.

20240106_134355.jpg

20240106_134601.jpg

It's a satin black, and has a light texture, they said they use it on 4wd lifted truck suspension, as it's extremely durable, lol...overkill is always good.
I am going to order some type of black knee grips on each side of the tank, with a matching center too.
I'm also getting 'Suzuki' or the Suzuki 'S' satin black decals, to ghost in, and the same for the new fairings and tail.

View attachment 1675491

View attachment 1675492
That turned out nice! Looks like @c10's old ZX-11.

View attachment 1675491

View attachment 1675492
It's going to look great when it's all in one piece again.....

Almost too good to go out and flog......

I'm usually not one to add anything that doesn't serve any real purpose.
We all have our opinion on what looks good, and I like my bikes not to be flashy, or any useless junk on them, that you have to look at the details.
Well, I saw this and couldn't help myself.
I thought the mechanism itself was really cool, and thought that it might look good on my ABM top-clamp.
It gets held on with a clear cirlce of very sticky double-sided tape.
The thing itself is all metal(mainly tin and plastanium), but I have to say I like it.
At a glance, the bike looks like it has a keyless igntion(maybe deter a small time thief, lol, but I don't worry about that anyway).
It was $23 shipped, and impressively well made.
Ultimately...it's a super farkle
lmao

20240105_210148.jpg

20240105_210855.jpg

20240105_210902.jpg

Last edited:
I did this with my Gen1 and then decided to just get an aftermarket, no-key version. It was pretty cheap and effective.

Well, the lock cylinder in my gas cap has a catch in it, it works smoothly 10 times...then randomly sticks.
Oh well, thankfully guys like you are here...and we encourage one another to spend money, lol
I ordered a new Vortex on ebay, should be here in a few days

Screenshot_20240113-191920_eBay.jpg

Well, the lock cylinder in my gas cap has a catch in it, it works smoothly 10 times...then randomly sticks.
Oh well, thankfully guys like you are here...and we encourage one another to spend money, lol
I ordered a new Vortex on ebay, should be here in a few days

View attachment 1675891
I have the same one that @c10 sent me.....

RJ lives in my bike a little bit

I put in the fuel pump, mounted the gas tank, have new rubber bushings and ss hardware, and the tracking on the Vortex gas cap says friday.
The tank bolts down nicely with the slightly rerouted wiring with the ABM top clamp.
The fuel injectors are back in, with new filters and oem o-rings, as well as the fuel rail and vacuum lines are on.
The current hold up is my new horn, lol, as I'm still waiting for it.
I need to extend the wiring harness for it, as it connects near the front left of the valve cover, but cannot be reached easily, if at all, from where the horn itself mounts, behind the left side of the radiator.
Once I have the horn, I can make a short harness extension...Then the airbox can go back on.
The secondary throttle plates and throttle position sensors can be set with the airbox on.
The throttle bodies are good as they are now, and the airbox can come back off later to sync the TB's, but, I'm getting closer to putting gas in the tank, and I have a 5 gallon jug of ethanol free 93 ready to go.

20240114_203436.jpg

20240114_203450.jpg

Screenshot_20240114-223155_Gallery.jpg

New oem rear master cylinder resivor
(I'll have to keep the gold cover that came on it, lol).
I need to take the mc itself off, and rebuild it with the BrakeCrafters kit I have for it, then connect the ss line.
I need to mount the front brake mc resivor too, and then I can fill, bleed, and have functioning brakes...I Need to make sure I finish the brakes before it runs again, lol

Screenshot_20240116-081649_Gallery.jpg

20240114_190912.jpg

20240114_190904.jpg

Back