Rebuild Master Cylinder Or Buy Brembo?

greg3852

Registered
Having issues with my front master cylinder. When I clean it out real good and lube the seal, it stops being hesitant in its pressure. I have braided lines and EBC HH pads.

Question is, if money isn't a factor, is it worth it to get the Brembo or should I save the money and either buy another used stock master cylinder or rebuild it?

Having issues with my front master cylinder. When I clean it out real good and lube the seal, it stops being hesitant in its pressure. I have braided lines and EBC HH pads.

Question is, if money isn't a factor, is it worth it to get the Brembo or should I save the money and either buy another used stock master cylinder or rebuild it?
Hi. Gen 1 or gen 2? Brembo RSC19 is very good. Beringer I think is better. look into each brand. Also R1 or GSXR 1000 too.

Well the Brembos certainly give up nothing in the performance area. True they don't come in pretty colors but then they're Brembos, the choice of almost every pro race team. The Brembo has a collapsible lever and adjustable hydraulic ratio, very useful features. Especially when retrofitting them to many bikes.

Not a Brembo sales person though, just really believe in their products. Have not tried Beringer stuff but it has a good rep too.

It would have to stop through mental telepathy for me to spend $599 0n it. I don't mind buying a Brembo if it makes a noticeable improvement, but to spend $599 for no reason other than color is just dumb.

My stock setup needs a rebuild or replacement though. It sticks hard in spots when applying pressure. When I cleaned it from the outside without taking it apart, it was noticeably better but it came back in a couple days.

I guess the question is the Brembo that much better than the stock considering Ive already replaced the Pads with EBC HH, and Braided lines?

I can assure you that any radial MC is significantly better than stock. To be honest, Suzuki should be shot for putting those things on any motorcycle. Is the Brembo better than the other options maybe a more subjective question. To some riders good braking is only about power. But if you know how to ride, good brakes are about feel as much as ultimate power. This is essential to riding fast, but also very important to a bike without ABS (assuming you don't have that). Not sure I would mess with an ABS system.

Obviously many are happy riding Busas with OEM brakes. Some even remove one disk on the front (!?!?!!!). So when I say the Brembo is a worthwhile mod I am assuming you will actually appreciate the better brakes.

And it does look a little sexier. To me anyways. :cool:

Original RCS19
RCS19B-4.jpg

New Corso Corta Version.
Brembo-19RCS-Corsa-Corta_2.jpg

do you have to modify the handle bar setup in anyway for the brembos to work? I tried going less expensive with the zx-14r MC and even the B-King MC but both of them would require a different bar setup. So now both of those setups just sit in my garage.

I can assure you that any radial MC is significantly better than stock. To be honest, Suzuki should be shot for putting those things on any motorcycle. Is the Brembo better than the other options maybe a more subjective question. To some riders good braking is only about power. But if you know how to ride, good brakes are about feel as much as ultimate power. This is essential to riding fast, but also very important to a bike without ABS (assuming you don't have that). Not sure I would mess with an ABS system.

Obviously many are happy riding Busas with OEM brakes. Some even remove one disk on the front (!?!?!!!). So when I say the Brembo is a worthwhile mod I am assuming you will actually appreciate the better brakes.
Absolutely. With the new pads, it stops much better, but it is just that, dead on stopping power. There is no in between which I need. Gonna go with the Brembo over the winter. Gonna buy the quick shifter first lol Priorities.

Brembo offer a couple of options to replace your spongy stocker . There is a 19 x 18 cast forged , lever adjustable only , radial pump . This is best value , but with any Brembo you buy , you will need a master cylinder kit , and also recommend braided lines . There is also a billet pump version same set up . Then the RCS pump Bigoltool has posted which is the adjustable option for ratio and also features lever adjustment . Then you can go 1 model higher where the price gets expensive and feature beautifully machining from billet , but then 1 model up again for the ultimate version for the Rossi replica GP pump , well these last 2 are for the monoblock billet GP4-RR caliper at the very least , because Brembo offer even more bespoke caliper options for the last pump . I found with my RCS pumps fitted to Gen 2 , affecting both standard bar plate mount and the Brocks , the maximum bar ( full lock ) turn is affected by these pumps butting up against the inner instrument surround panel . I find this only affects me when I physically move the bike around , so haven't worried to much about this . Though if you are to do a u turn maneuver on a ride , care must be taken . The non RCS models maybe fine in this regard , and of course cannot confirm if Gen 1 is affected in same way .
DSCF1255.JPG

Brembo offer a couple of options to replace your spongy stocker . There is a 19 x 18 cast forged , lever adjustable only , radial pump . This is best value , but with any Brembo you buy , you will need a master cylinder kit , and also recommend braided lines . There is also a billet pump version same set up . Then the RCS pump Bigoltool has posted which is the adjustable option for ratio and also features lever adjustment . Then you can go 1 model higher where the price gets expensive and feature beautifully machining from billet , but then 1 model up again for the ultimate version for the Rossi replica GP pump , well these last 2 are for the monoblock billet GP4-RR caliper at the very least , because Brembo offer even more bespoke caliper options for the last pump . I found with my RCS pumps fitted to Gen 2 , affecting both standard bar plate mount and the Brocks , the maximum bar ( full lock ) turn is affected by these pumps butting up against the inner instrument surround panel . I find this only affects me when I physically move the bike around , so haven't worried to much about this . Though if you are to do a u turn maneuver on a ride , care must be taken . The non RCS models maybe fine in this regard , and of course cannot confirm if Gen 1 is affected in same way . View attachment 1576800
Hi all Because it is in better than the Brembo billet radial for $699.00 but not as good as the bremdo moto gp for 1995.00 and I liked the purple! If I was smarter I would have got an 08 up front end and 6 piston radial calipters. My custom front calipters were $2350.00 for the pair. And yes they have ti pistons & other parts.

Brembo offer a couple of options to replace your spongy stocker . There is a 19 x 18 cast forged , lever adjustable only , radial pump . This is best value , but with any Brembo you buy , you will need a master cylinder kit , and also recommend braided lines . There is also a billet pump version same set up . Then the RCS pump Bigoltool has posted which is the adjustable option for ratio and also features lever adjustment . Then you can go 1 model higher where the price gets expensive and feature beautifully machining from billet , but then 1 model up again for the ultimate version for the Rossi replica GP pump , well these last 2 are for the monoblock billet GP4-RR caliper at the very least , because Brembo offer even more bespoke caliper options for the last pump . I found with my RCS pumps fitted to Gen 2 , affecting both standard bar plate mount and the Brocks , the maximum bar ( full lock ) turn is affected by these pumps butting up against the inner instrument surround panel . I find this only affects me when I physically move the bike around , so haven't worried to much about this . Though if you are to do a u turn maneuver on a ride , care must be taken . The non RCS models maybe fine in this regard , and of course cannot confirm if Gen 1 is affected in same way . View attachment 1576800

I love how you have your bike in your house... obviously a single man.
Very nice setup you have on your bike.

do you have to modify the handle bar setup in anyway for the brembos to work? I tried going less expensive with the zx-14r MC and even the B-King MC but both of them would require a different bar setup. So now both of those setups just sit in my garage.

This^
Just make sure what you buy fits the Busa first.
Not that it won't function, but will it clear the fairing/windsheild.

You can get a used factory Brembo MC off a Yamaha R1 on eBay for less than $150.

Ask me how I know ........:rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's on par with a Brembo Radial MC but it far exceeds the stock Busa setup.

I've got that R1 MC, spiegler SS lines, and 65mm Brembo calipers on my Busa and I can stop it on a fricking dime :race:

You can get a used factory Brembo MC off a Yamaha R1 on eBay for less than $150.

Ask me how I know ........:rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's on par with a Brembo Radial MC but it far exceeds the stock Busa setup.

I've got that R1 MC, spiegler SS lines, and 65mm Brembo calipers on my Busa and I can stop it on a fricking dime :race:

Any specific year R1?

Any specific year R1?

Idk? Do a little google research or comb through my Street Comfortable Performance Mods thread. I'm sure I listed the year MC used. Can't remember off the top of my head cause it's been a few years. Wanna say late 2000's but I'd research to be sure

Okay so talking money here. Stock bars. Pazzo levers. HH up front, braided lines. What is the cost exactly to say, find a MC that’ll fit stock bars? Who’s usdd other Suzuki models?

Back