2003 Gsxr1000

I have all the parts to rebuild the waterpump, now I just need to reassemble it, and put it back on, then fill the radiator with distilled water and white vinegar(to do a couple flushes before Engine Ice).
I also need to install the clutch cover (with the mechanical linkage inside it, this bike does not have a hydraulic clutch), and the new clutch cable.
I will install a relay for the clutch switch after the bike is running(it will only run in neutral and on the neutral map at that point anyway, so it will still run correctly, and to sync the TB's too).
Still lots of other things as well, including rearsets, and I'm still deciding if I want to do drop mounts or drop pegs.

New horn is here...and is disapointing.
I connected it to a battery (inside), and it has a lower tone than the stock horn, and also was Not nearly as loud or as attention getting as the stock horn(which is still not that loud).
I connected the stock horn next, and confirmed it to much louder, lol.
Oh well, this was a $23 gamble.
I'll just put the stock horn back on while I look for something else, as it only takes a minute to get the airbox off anyway.

20240116_160321.jpg

20240116_160310.jpg

New horn is here...and is disapointing.
I connected it to a battery (inside), and it has a lower tone than the stock horn, and also was Not nearly as loud or as attention getting as the stock horn(which is still not that loud).
I connected the stock horn next, and confirmed it to much louder, lol.
Oh well, this was a $23 gamble.
I'll just put the stock horn back on while I look for something else, as it only takes a minute to get the airbox off anyway.

View attachment 1676026

View attachment 1676027

The horn on my Kawasaki was severely lacking so I bought a mini sound bomb. Issue solved. Very loud.

Vortex gas cap,
another unplanned expense...just like the powdercoat on the tank, lol
But, I do like how it looks, and more importantly, how well it works.
The flange has a small lock that keeps the cap from coming out, and the cap threads in several turns(which I like).
The flange has a rubber seal that sits against the neck in the tank, and the cap has an o-ring on it.
All of those things make me confident that this cap is just as, if not more secure than stock in a crash...I didnt want a push button, quarter turn quick release.
As usual, Vortex makes good stuff.
These were $120-$140+ everywhere I looked, but I got this one new on ebay for $88 shipped, so a good price for what it is...but it still hurt to spend that on a gas cap, lol

20240117_194238.jpg

20240117_194221.jpg

20240117_194303.jpg

20240117_194312.jpg

Vortex gas cap,
another unplanned expense...just like the powdercoat on the tank, lol
But, I do like how it looks, and more importantly, how well it works.
The flange has a small lock that keeps the cap from coming out, and the cap threads in several turns(which I like).
The flange has a rubber seal that sits against the neck in the tank, and the cap has an o-ring on it.
All of those things make me confident that this cap is just as, if not more secure than stock in a crash...I didnt want a push button, quarter turn quick release.
As usual, Vortex makes good stuff.
These were $120-$140+ everywhere I looked, but I got this one new on ebay for $88 shipped, so a good price for what it is...but it still hurt to spend that on a gas cap, lol

View attachment 1676117

View attachment 1676118

View attachment 1676119

View attachment 1676120
Did you do the mod that @c10 did to the one he gave me?

I put the fuel pump back in the other day...and it has been bothering me ever since, lol
The pump looks oem, but had been replaced sometime in antiquity, and was missing the sock filter when I got it.
The bike ran fine, but, these pumps can gum up inside too, and are common failure points.
And, after all the new everything this bike has gotten, I don't want the pump dieing on me sooner than later, or coughing any trash into the new injector filters.
So, I ordered a new Quantum brand pump.
I have put them in a few bikes, and never had an issue with them.
It's supposed to be here by monday, and I have other things to finish on it too, but, it's looking like I may be able to start it next week sometime...maybe, lol
Quantum makes fuel pumps for the Busa too, and alot of other bikes.
They are not cheap junk, last a long time, and are almost a quarter the cost of an oem fuel pump.
I like to use oem parts on most things, and aftermarket on performance parts, but these pumps are really good, and I'll happily pay $106 shipped vs about $375 for oem

Screenshot_20240118-223236_eBay.jpg

Soundbomb is here...and it's no good!
It honked 3 times and stopped working.
It was a lower tone than stock, but no louder either.
Yay...more brand new junk...it truly is everywhere.
They are going to email me a return lable.
So, the search for a loud horn goes on.
I'm going to have to go back to my original plan for an air horn.

20240119_212027.jpg

20240119_211953.jpg

20240119_211942.jpg

That’s a good company too. Don’t swear off something altogether just because one example didn’t work out. I’ll bet you didn’t like the lower tone.

No, the tone didn't bother me, and I actually prefer it lower, the more it sounds like a car or a truck the better.
it was that it wasn't even as loud as the stock horn.
I want Loud.

Soundbomb is here...and it's no good!
It honked 3 times and stopped working.
It was a lower tone than stock, but no louder either.
Yay...more brand new junk...it truly is everywhere.
They are going to email me a return lable.
So, the search for a loud horn goes on.
I'm going to have to go back to my original plan for an air horn.

View attachment 1676259

View attachment 1676260

View attachment 1676261
Probably a dumb question but did you try adjusting it by using the set screw?

Back