2003 Gsxr1000

I shouldn't ask, but it's the holidays. Have a link or any pics?

Here are the two I was talking about, plus 3 more, all in south central Va area.

20221222_160423.jpg

20221222_160351.jpg

20221222_160220.jpg

20221222_160202.jpg

First 'mod' I do to All my bikes
ProGrip #761 grips
Which just reminded me to order more...I only have one pair left on the shelf, I just ordered 2 more, lol, I never know when or what I might get, or if or when they'll get discontinued, so I try to keep up.

20221222_160303.jpg

Last edited:
Fork dust seals look upside down
lmao
but actually aren't.
Strange to see the spring outside the seal.
They must be aftermarket.
No doubt the forks have been done at some point, as they're not leaking, lol

20221222_213200.jpg

20221222_213131.jpg

Last edited:
First 'mod' I do to All my bikes
ProGrip #761 grips
Which just reminded me to order more...I only have one pair left on the shelf, I just ordered 2 more, lol, I never know when or what I might get, or if or when they'll get discontinued, so I try to keep up.

View attachment 1659198
That's a coincidence... I also recently replaced mine with progrips too, but then the #717,
6154F2F8-2BE6-4F45-B53D-6AAA1A4E45FF.jpeg

the same as on a Panigale R.
But I can't find the #761 in their range: https://progrip.com/road-knobs/?lang=en

Anyway, sometimes it's the little things that are worth changing. Nice thread that I definitely will follow. Keep the changes coming.:thumbsup:

That's a coincidence... I also recently replaced mine with progrips too, but then the #717,
View attachment 1660403
the same as on a Panigale R.
But I can't find the #761 in their range: https://progrip.com/road-knobs/?lang=en

Anyway, sometimes it's the little things that are worth changing. Nice thread that I definitely will follow. Keep the changes coming.:thumbsup:

Thanks man, I'm slowly collecting parts as I work on other things...and trying not to spent too much on a 20 year old bike...
The #761's are classed as scooter gel grips, lol, and I havn't seen them on ProGrips site in a long time.
I just ebay, amazon, or find them somewhere with google.
So far they're still around.
I know I've been using them for about a dozen years now.

Can anyone recommend some reasonably priced And quality rotors?
Here's the thing, brakes are expensive, I get that, and I'm not trying to skimp, just looking to see if anyone has any info.
Both front rotors Need replaced(stuck buttons and road rash), and I will replace the rear as well.
I'm redoing the entire brake system, rebuilding calipers, mc's, replacing lines, pads, all of it...but this is an '03 1k.
I really don't want to be upside down on it because I spend a grand in 3 rotors.
Ebc are $320...each
Stock Sunstars are $360 each
I'm not a fan of wave rotors either.
I don't mind spending money, but again,
I just don't want to end up with more in parts than this thing is worth.
Given the market, all fixed, I'de give it $5k max price, more likely low to mid $4k's...so a quarter of that in rotors is tough, lol.
If anyone can recommend a decent brand or supplier that won't break the bank, which is a long shot, lol, it would be greatly appreciated, as these will be the single largest expensive bringing this thing back to life.

Can anyone recommend some reasonably priced And quality rotors?
Here's the thing, brakes are expensive, I get that, and I'm not trying to skimp, just looking to see if anyone has any info.
Both front rotors Need replaced(stuck buttons and road rash), and I will replace the rear as well.
I'm redoing the entire brake system, rebuilding calipers, mc's, replacing lines, pads, all of it...but this is an '03 1k.
I really don't want to be upside down on it because I spend a grand in 3 rotors.
Ebc are $320...each
Stock Sunstars are $360 each
I'm not a fan of wave rotors either.
I don't mind spending money, but again,
I just don't want to end up with more in parts than this thing is worth.
Given the market, all fixed, I'de give it $5k max price, more likely low to mid $4k's...so a quarter of that in rotors is tough, lol.
If anyone can recommend a decent brand or supplier that won't break the bank, which is a long shot, lol, it would be greatly appreciated, as these will be the single largest expensive bringing this thing back to life.
Unstucking the buttons is pretty simple...and paint and emery paper can take care of any road rash...

That is if they are still in spec...

Unstucking the buttons is pretty simple...and paint and emery paper can take care of any road rash...

That is if they are still in spec...

I didn't feel any pulsing like they were warped, but at almost 40k miles, and with road rash, I'de rather just replace them too.
The brakes make a little racket...but they eventually stop the bike, sometimes a little sooner than the time before! lmao
I know that's in the pads and old rotted everything, lol, but I just want the piece of mind that it's all new.
And even though it's been neglected, it still runs incredible, so I need to be able slow it down in a hurry.
I can no longer find Ebc Extreme Pro pads either, and I won't buy their rotors now, after still no email reply asking what their new equivalent pads were so I could order a set...they can F right off...I'll give my money to Vesra, who are Japanese anyway.
I knew my options were limited, but was hoping I was forgetting or overlooking something...even though that Never happens lol

Back