2003 Gsxr1000

What mine looked like...

2002-suzuki-gsxr-1000.jpg

When I reluctantly sold that bike, an active Army guy from Georgia and his wife drove up and rented a trailer to take it home.
I asked if he ever rode a 1k? No
Had he ever rode a wheelie? No
Did he want to see what it would do before I rode it into the trailer? Yes
So, I went up the road, over an 8th of a mile, turned, and rode a stand up wheelie back, with just enough room to roll into the trailer.
To this day, the look of disbelife, terror, and disgust, that man's wife gave him, and his blank and busted response...lmao!!! I will Never forget it.
That was my good deed for the day.
I wondered how that ride home went.

When I reluctantly sold that bike, an active Army guy from Georgia and his wife drove up and rented a trailer to take it home.
I asked if he ever rode a 1k? No
Had he ever rode a wheelie? No
Did he want to see what it would do before I rode it into the trailer? Yes
So, I went up the road, over an 8th of a mile, turned, and rode a stand up wheelie back, with just enough room to roll into the trailer.
To this day, the look of disbelife, terror, and disgust, that man's wife gave him, and his blank and busted response...lmao!!! I will Never forget it.
That was my good deed for the day.
I wondered how that ride home went.
I sold mine without even advertising it, someone heard through the grapevine I was selling it and showed up at my door with cash in hand hoping what he heard was true.

He was close to my size so a full color matched Bristol leather suit, boots and gloves went with it. He was giddy when he loaded it on his trailer.

I had a blue and white 750, and then same 1000 posted earlier

loved em both, I’d buy another in a heartbeat but ppl think they vintage and want gen2 Busa prices for em lol
There was an officer I knew that had a blue and white 750 and he couldn't give it away for some reason, people who wanted it couldn't afford the insurance and the others scoffed at it because it wasn't a 1000...

Too bad as it was a mint bike.

Does anyone know if other year gsxr1000 exhausts will fit on an 03/04?
01/02 or 05/06?
The only new full system I can find is an Akropovic(that I like), but it's $1700 shipped. The rest are beat up used for a grand, or new slip-on's for $500.
Crazy money for stock stuff.
A new exhaust will be the last thing this gets.
Anyone got anything for sale that'll work?
In the meantime, I need something to keep the noise down for test rides.
So, big spender, and looking for high quality...I went to Ali-Express, lol.
I ordered this muffler with midpipe and removeable baffle for $65.66 shipped, for that price it has to be awesome, lmao.
But, so long as it quiets it down, fits, and the 'carbon fiber' sleeve doesn't melt, it'll work until I find something good...I hope.
Other than brakes(simply because I don't trust them), all the maintenance listed above is what I'm going to do, but not needed to ride safely.

I had a Ti Akra on the 1000, was sweet.

Idk your weld/cutting skills but 00 750, and 01-04 600/740/1000 should go on What u have left without “too” much effort til u buy something nice

Right on
Thank you sir
I thought the 01/02 exhausts would fit the 03/04, but couldn't remember.
I'll look around at those too.

Back