1999 VMax for $2,000?

I was looking around and found a 99 VMax for just 2K. Owner sz it’s in near mint condition with low miles. Too good to be true? If true, these old monsters are certainly worth a couple grand right?

Here's what the market is like in NZ . . .

$2K for that '99 is amazing value for money, provided it's a genuine deal and hasn't been messed up like so many I've seen.
Years ago a mate bought a fully customized '94 model Vmax (custom paint, polished everything!) for $6K but had been sitting in a bike display/museum for many years.
It was given to me to resurrect it and get it back on the road.
I spent a whole day on it and after cleaning out the entire fuel system, it fired up and ran pretty good. Real eye catcher, I rode it all the next day but the front end was awful, loads of flex and brake dive was terrible.
Nice power though.
Can you go have a look at that '99? Is it nearby?
Post up some pics if you can.

I’m waiting to hear from the owner but wasn’t really interested until I saw the price. I have no real need for it but it would be kinda fun to have a cheap hot rod in such (advertised) good original shape.

Here’s a pic
76759C2E-6C2F-4F8F-A731-626E4E7EAE52.jpeg

Steal it for $2k!!!
Easy flip, that's still a $4k-$5k bike on the east coast.
V-Max has a cult following, like the Busa.
They are quality bikes, and ridiculously quick...all things considered.

Its a sweet deal . Just don't expect to much in the handling dept. When I worked at a Yamaha dealer in the mid 90's we had a string with bad cranks 95 or 96 year ( can't remember ) but yamaha covered the repairs on all that we saw . Yellow ones ! Drive shaft is the weak link if you turn up the power , and do burn outs .

I was too kinda but now the ad is gone. Maybe seeing the price was mistyped? the seller just didn’t answer anyone inquiring about it. You’d think if he really wanted to sell it, it would get relisted.

Back