1999 Hayabusa

Some of the bikes, the "S" was outside the paint. My 05 was constantly hanging my rags on them when I wiped her down. Someone could have removed them. If the 06 is overpriced, offer a fair cash price and see what happens. I have always asked a little over price to have room to negotiate. Folks always feel better if they can talk you down some so part of the deal from a sellers perspective is to price it to have room to come down to what they feel is a good sale price.

Hope you grab it . looks like a beauty.

Good thing about being old , State Farm , full coverage , 250/100 ded. $302 per year.

Nice bike but it's over priced. NADA.com value is $3775-$4970. For around 7k I've bought clean title 08's. KBB might be a few dollars higher then nada, but not much.

The stealership can brag about the condition all they want but the bottom line is it's a 15 year old bike, that was only 10k when it was brand new. Insurance is only going to insure it for what it's worth, not what you paid for it.

I actually get along well with the Sales manager. He's into it over 4500.. He's made some deals work in the past that actually made ME feel guilty..
Ive traded and bought a few bikes from there.. He would have sold it for less but the fuel pump and fuel system cleaning and the tires put him into it a lot higher than anticipated.. The Buyer bought the KTM Adventure so he did what he offered ok money for it as well... I will probably be looking at 5200 out the door. With Pilot road 3's or Power 3's.. I would prefer the roads since my ZX-14 had the road 2's and loved them and they go FOREVER.
The Newer 06 i found on consignment was the only other one i really liked (worth the extra money for me) but im looking at 9400 otd after buying tires and catching up the late reg.
Its also nice knowing the PO was someone who liked knowing they had the fastest but probably never really used it..
Did put some old school Two Brothers slipons back when...

Yeah.. It is 15 years old but thatvpart is scaring me less and less..
I am thinking hoses and vacuum lines could use replacing... All the fairings are perfect.. Radiators looks good,
(Second one just an oil cooler?)...
Reg is good til Apr 2015..
Im strongly considering it...
All it seems to be missing is the hump...

Sooooo... 4500 with the Pilot Road 3's freshly installed... Think im just going to grab it tomorrow.

Do yourself a favor and switch the cam chain tensioner over to a 3rd gen (03 and up) hydraulic tensioner. Just had a 99 roll in to my shop that smacked all the valves due to a failed tensioner.

The cam chain tensioner is a Recall right?
Is there an easy way to identify one vs the other with fairings on?

The cam chain tensioner is a Recall right?
Is there an easy way to identify one vs the other with fairings on?

Yes it is. Even so, the recall was replaced the defective tensioner with another spring loaded one. And no you have to lift the tank and pull the airbox off.

Ok.. Thanks..
Probably better sit back and think this one vs price again.. May be aboe to get it for 4200 with pilot power 3's but not sure when i will get to thebstarter and cct.. Plus the cost... Maybe I should just do like you guys said early on and hunt for an '03 or newer...

Back