1098 Dyno Test

(bigoltool @ Jan. 22 2007,13:18) The Ducati shows damn near 10 ft/lbs more torque (not sure about the 07 1K) and porobably less weight to push around than the GSXR. Make no mistake it will be a formidable package!

As for the price difference? $3600 may not go far towards adding the huge Brembo's and Marchesini's to the GSXR. I can't wait for the first tests.
super.gif
True, but 13 horsepower is also alot.
Brembo radial monoblock calipers $2500
Lightweight aftermarket exhaust $1000 (stock dual cannister system will drop 25 lbs)
Goodbye Ducati. Not that the stock GSXR will most likely do this stock.
Only countless magazine tests and bench racing will tell the truth
laugh.gif

(Burger King @ Jan. 22 2007,10:35)
(BusaCruise @ Jan. 22 2007,12:49) duks make power for a very limited time ... I can't remember the last time I saw a duk actually finish a race in the U.S.

I got a duk rep's feather all ruffled a couple of Daytonas ago (at the ducatic factory tent)...he was bred on all the typical duk propaganda and B.S. that goes with it...quoting crap statistics from the UK and such (where thousands more duks race than here).
I told him that something ALWAYS goes "BOOM" on a duk in a race....he proceded to get in my face and such...yada yada..    
argue.gif

I wished him luck and went my own way....
What happened the next day during the main event?
4 duks started the race......ZERO of them finished.
Everything from gearbox to crankshaft issues....  

imagine that?

nice bikes and all...but not worth the $$$ for such a MAJOR weak link (the entire bottom end of their motors).
Sounds like you're talking about Buell's........never finish a race.
wow.gif
Yep
tounge.gif
, he's got them confused, but then they are both twins
laugh.gif

(black954 @ Jan. 22 2007,13:32)
(bigoltool @ Jan. 22 2007,13:18) The Ducati shows damn near 10 ft/lbs more torque (not sure about the 07 1K) and porobably less weight to push around than the GSXR. Make no mistake it will be a formidable package!

As for the price difference? $3600 may not go far towards adding the huge Brembo's and Marchesini's to the GSXR. I can't wait for the first tests.
super.gif
True, but 13 horsepower is also alot.
Brembo radial monoblock calipers $2500
Lightweight aftermarket exhaust $1000 (stock dual cannister system will drop 25 lbs)
Goodbye Ducati. Not that the stock GSXR will most likely do this stock.
Only countless magazine tests and bench racing will tell the truth
laugh.gif
The new 07 GSXR is turning into a Dark Horse man I can't find much of anything newsworthy about them yet. Should b a monster but the twice pipes and almost indistinguishable styling changes are going to be the first things people will address. Either way it is going to be a war!

showdown.jpg

For the Daytona/Dunlop Tire tests earlier this month, Ben Spies smashed the best lap time of the Superbike class-ONBOARD HIS SUPERSTOCK MACHINE (Stock Gixxer with some bolt-ons and other restrictions).

(05 Busa LE @ Jan. 23 2007,02:45)
(BusaCruise @ Jan. 22 2007,12:49) duks make power for a very limited time ... I can't remember the last time I saw a duk actually finish a race in the U.S.
Not sure what you're watchin', but in AMA racing, last year Eric Bostrom placed 3rd overall on the 999, with overall first place finishes at Pikes Peak, Laguna Seca, and Mid-Ohio, and Neil Hodgson finished 6th overall with a first-place overall win at Road America.  And in World Superbike, Bayliss took the championship away from Corser on a 999, with, I think, 8 round wins.
The AMA series you mentioned Boz and Hodgeson was the 05 season. For 06, Pikes Peak was replaced by the Miller Motorsports Park rounds (Spies won race 1, Zemke race2), Laguna Seca-Spies won and Mid-Ohio#1 (Spies) and Mid-Ohio#2 (Mladin took the win). Suzuki won every single race except for Race 2 Miller Motorsports Park.

Bayliss regaining the WSB crown was this past year 2006.

Back