I Did It

MX Tuner

Registered
The 'Busa is a great bike! I absolutely love it and will not sell it for a long time. My wife loves going for rides in the mountains on the back of it. It works so well for two up riding and still turns well enough to piss off a lot of solo crotch rocket riders, even when I have my wife on the back.

But I've found myself wanting to play on the pavement a bit more. I've been playing with some supermoto stuff a little but. Even bought a set of Avon tires that fit the stock 19/21 rims so I can play with my CRF480.

But the local shop two blocks from where I work (Atlanta Motor World in Alpharetta, GA) Sell, Honda, Yamaha Kawasaki, Ducati, Aprillia and Moto Guzzi. There are a lot of sexy machines in that showroom (The Aprillia 550 V twin street legal supermoto bike has amazing asthetics).

Anyways, to make a log story short, I have a deposit on a Ducati 1098. I'm getting the standard (Showa Suspension) with the aftermarket exhaust, the S model carbon fiber front fender (Italian chrome) and the data acquisition added. $17K+ OTD.

http://www.ducati.com/en....1098-07

I talked them into a test ride on their display bike. It only had 15 miles on it and the tires weren't even close to being scrubbed in so I didn't push it. I put 5 miles on it. The display bike had the same exhaust mine will have. Words cannot describe the sound this bike produces.... *sigh*. Roll on power is very impressive to say the least.

381lbs..... 170hp... 90 lb/ft of torque.

Yes, it's red.

I'm hoping it'll be here within the next two weeks.......

I'm still trying to figure out if the test ride helped or hurt.

lurk.gif
both
SHOCKED.gif

I had my first ride along the other day. I'd say she weighs in at about 110. The Busa handles and felt so damn good. After a six hour ride, one of my buds noted that my chicken strips were completely gone.
beerchug.gif

Dayum it, I forgot to order my mid-life crisis....now it will have to wait a couple months, until I buy my next (and hopefully last) house. Moving to Colorado couldn't have come at a more inopportune time!

May I be the first to OFFICIALLY BAN YOU for making me feel so small.
pissed.gif

OH, and congrats on such a great new ride.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 25 2007,22:26) WoW is the first thing that comes to mind.

Congrats
That is exactly what I was thinking. Now I have to deal with the fact I may think like Heavy.
AAAssjani.gif

(MX Tuner @ Feb. 25 2007,23:14) The 'Busa is a great bike! I absolutely love it and will not sell it for a long time. My wife loves going for rides in the mountains on the back of it. It works so well for two up riding and still turns well enough to piss off a lot of solo crotch rocket riders, even when I have my wife on the back.

But I've found myself wanting to play on the pavement a bit more. I've been playing with some supermoto stuff a little but. Even bought a set of Avon tires that fit the stock 19/21 rims so I can play with my CRF480.

But the local shop two blocks from where I work (Atlanta Motor World in Alpharetta, GA) Sell, Honda, Yamaha Kawasaki, Ducati, Aprillia and Moto Guzzi. There are a lot of sexy machines in that showroom (The Aprillia 550 V twin street legal supermoto bike has amazing asthetics).

Anyways, to make a log story short, I have a deposit on a Ducati 1098. I'm getting the standard (Showa Suspension) with the aftermarket exhaust, the S model carbon fiber front fender  (Italian chrome)  and the data acquisition added. $17K+ OTD.

http://www.ducati.com/en....1098-07

I talked them into a test ride on their display bike. It only had 15 miles on it and the tires weren't even close to being scrubbed in so I didn't push it. I put 5 miles on it. The display bike had the same exhaust mine will have. Words cannot describe the sound this bike produces.... *sigh*. Roll on power is very impressive to say the least.

381lbs..... 170hp... 90 lb/ft of torque.

Yes, it's red.

I'm hoping it'll be here within the next two weeks.......

I'm still trying to figure out if the test ride helped or hurt.
DAng you lucky S.O.B wish i had a mid life crisis like that..What does it take for one . I want one I want one..
my luck though id go in and get the mv for 40000 grand just my luck ..

Hope the 2 weeks goes quick! Sleepless nights are a biotch for 2 weeks waiting for it to come in. LOL Good luck and congrats!!

Has anyone read anything about the newer Desmo's and maintenance? Way back when, I was almost ready to buy an ST4S. The only thing that put me off was the Flaking rocker issue. I didn't have any qualms about doing the valve adjustments but the fact that Ducati was ignoring the Flaking rocker phenomenon and then started doing owners a "favor" and selling the rockers at half price??? I was told the Testastretta motors had all but abolished this problem and were in fact easier to work on. Then low and Behold Ducati discontinues the ST4S and still to this day no replacement. Now they have the new version (don't recall the name of the new motor) in the 1098. Any word on Maintenance, durability, factory support etc. with the 1098?

The ST4S was a Bike alone in its category! It was truly a Superbike in Sport-tourers clothing. Others had Sport-tourers( are you listening Suzuki) but they were all Shaft drive luxo barges with mushy suspenders and rototiller handlebars. The ST4s had full Ohlins suspenders, Desmoquattro motor, hard bags, Brembo's etc. I can't wait to see whether Ducati makes a 1098 based ST. Why Suzuki chooses to be the ONLY major Motorcycle manufacturer who doesn't make a dedicated Sport tourer escapes me. . The Busa excels at this mission but not without a little (taller shield, higher bars, better seat etc.) modification. I love my Busa but If Ducati (or Suzuki) builds the bike I described above they will have a true thoroughbred on their hands and in my Garage next to my Busa!

Congrats on the purchase! Give us some pics!

Concerning the lack of picture issue...... that's because there is no pasta machine sitting in my garage yet.

That's why I put the link up. The display bike I rode was an "S" model with the same Termignioni(sp?) exhaust mine will have.

Back