Front and Rear Tire Recommendation For a 2007 Ducadi 1098?

GNBRETT

Registered
my buddy owns a 2007 1098. he still has the stock tires on it and wants to upgrade to newer tires. can u guys recommend a quality set of tires. he doesnt drag race. just like to carve corners and rip down the highway. there are so many option so I was wondering what u guys thought.

How in the wide wide world of sports did a simple word like 'tires' become a link?
Click it you will get 224,511 matches on ebay :laugh:

lol.. yea I know there are tons of options but he is a little clueless and my liter bike days are over so I was wondering what was the most popular tires out for his kinda riding. a Shinko wont cut it for him.....:D

I'm gonna guess that a lot will recommend the Pilot Power pures.
But then again I have no idea as I ride straight and flat all the time :(

lol.. yea I know there are tons of options but he is a little clueless and my liter bike days are over so I was wondering what was the most popular tires out for his kinda riding. a Shinko wont cut it for him.....:D

Holy Cow, I love you man! :bowdown:

In my view the Dunlop Q2 is the best performance street tire available on the market today. Outstanding performance for the twisties as well as a confidence inspiring weapon for track days. Cold pressure: 30-30 for track time, 34-34 for the back road twisties and for commuting 36-36. There may be a better street tire out there but if there is, I haven't found it.

Should be able to buy a set online for under $250 shipped. I have found them for under $220 on occasions.

Holy Cow, I love you man! :bowdown:

In my view the Dunlop Q2 is the best performance street tire available on the market today. Outstanding performance for the twisties as well as a confidence inspiring weapon for track days. Cold pressure: 30-30 for track time, 34-34 for the back road twisties and for commuting 36-36. There may be a better street tire out there but if there is, I haven't found it.

Should be able to buy a set online for under $250 shipped. I have found them for under $220 on occasions.

+1 Just bought a set of Q2s online for $218 delivered.

My tires, that bike would work the best with my tires, have him ship it to me and ill prove it.

My Ducati buddies all used to run Perilli Diablos. I say used to because they all crashed the bikes so maybe that's not the tire you want.:dunno:

I'll direct my husband to this thread. He has a 1098 but for the life of me I can't remember what street tire he uses. He has some kind of race tire on his now or at least I think he does. I can't keep up with all the tire swaps that go on between his bikes.

awesome. thanx guys. ok so Dunlop Q2's sounds like a likely plan then. Blondeonabusa yes plz ask ur husband what he also uses. thanx

Back