Faster than a Busa?

Irishluck

Registered
So went bike shopping with a friend today (hes looking to purchase his first bike) we stopped by a Ducatti dealer and while we were there the dealer claimed that the 1098 would smoke a Busa in the quarter,as well as at a Yamaha dealer different salesman claimed the same thing about the new R1 as well as claiming the new R1 has 199 hp. I havent really looked into thoose bikes but I know my 08 will shut just about anything up that it comes acrossed but Ive never really seen many Ducatis around here and honestly didnt even know we had a dealer locally for them. So really just looking for everyones imput.

lurk.gif

the only thing I could guess is both of the salesmen were just trying to use that as part of getting a sale with my friend.

Whoever said the r1 has 199 hp even at the crank needs to be beaten with a stupid stick. I think, from wat ive seen the busa (old model) is still pound for pound the leader. Even if a liter bike puts more peak hp out, the bus will still have the wider powerband and torque.

not a chance in the quarter with anyone that can ride. through the twisties or around a track, now thats a different story.

go as the same question to a dealer thats trying to sell you a busa and see what they say ;)

if they are comparing it to a busa what does that tell ya?!?!??!?!?!
firedevil.gif

i know a few zx14 boys who wish they had held out for the new busa now, btw.

lurk.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

I'll have two beers AND some popcorn..........this oughta be good......to my recollection, neither the R1, nor the 1098 have the bottom end foot pounds necessary to overcome gravity like a bus........

Keep going guys...very entertaining....
super.gif

all_coholic.gif

I have not rode a Duc, but I have been on a new R1 at the store I work at, and they are nothing to look down on. They are fast as shid!. Don't think I would want to be on one all day though like I can do on my busa.

Yea go tell the Duck salesman then it should be no time till we see the 1098 at the prostar 1/4 mile competitions. I use to let salesmen talk their smack and just walk away but now I figure when I do that I am just encouraging them to continue their ways. Now I tell them, "Your embarassing yourself by saying things you know nothing about" or "You don't actually expect me to believe that do you?".

There are many many fast bikes out there, but in the end "THE REALLY FAST" bikes seem to be the serious built BUSA's. And not just one or two, people have been building and breaking fast (1/4 mile or land speed) records on BUSA's not R-1's or Ducks.

Thanks guys thats what I fig. Im aware the busa isnt a corner carver like the littler bikes but Im a big 1/4 mile fan and thats where you can impress me. Also after ridding my busa for a bit then going to these dealers and sitting on the smaller bikes wow they are so tiny and not as comfy. Its been a little over a year since I was on a liter bike and man I will never go back.

none of the above IMO are suitable as a "first" bike if he is hunting for the fastest thing on 2 wheels, you may want to steer him by his insurance agent first, lawyer second and finally preplan his own funeral..

none of the above IMO are suitable as a "first" bike    if he is hunting for the fastest thing on 2 wheels, you may want to steer him by his insurance agent first, lawyer second and finally preplan his own funeral..
I agree 100 percent Ive been trying to get him on a R6 or something so learn on but he wont listen to me, I guess some friend of his at his work owns an R1 and was his first bike so hes thinking he can do it too. So Im going to teach him everything I know away from the idiots and hope he is safe.

I would not discount the 1098R. This is not your standard 1098 and not the same price either. At 186HP and 364Lbs my guess is that it would beat a Busa. And I love my Busa and for the price of the 1098R, you can buy almost four(4) new Busas. Check out the link.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article....&Page=1

Back