Faster than a Busa?

who cares? in the end IT is STILL NOT a Hayabusa: fastest production bike for 8 years in a row, does as good on long tour rides as it does on twisties race tracks and drag stips.

The Hayabusa does 8 things very well.

Newer bikes do maybe 2 things better than the busa.

who cares?  in the end IT is STILL NOT a Hayabusa:  fastest production bike for 8 years in a row, does as good on long tour rides as it does on twisties race tracks and drag stips.

I agree...Love the Busa as nothing on the planet compares. Just pointing out what the thread topic was looking at. Speed of the Busa verse the Duc and the R1. Right now the Busa is the only bike in my stable. When I get ready to add another bike, it will most likely be the 2nd Gen Busa.

who cares?  in the end IT is STILL NOT a Hayabusa:  fastest production bike for 8 years in a row, does as good on long tour rides as it does on twisties race tracks and drag stips.

I agree...Love the Busa as nothing on the planet compares. Just pointing out what the thread topic was looking at. Speed of the Busa verse the Duc and the R1. Right now the Busa is the only bike in my stable. When I get ready to add another bike, it will most likely be the 2nd Gen Busa.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
clap.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

none of the above IMO are suitable as a "first" bike    if he is hunting for the fastest thing on 2 wheels, you may want to steer him by his insurance agent first, lawyer second and finally preplan his own funeral..
I agree 100 percent Ive been trying to get him on a R6 or something so learn on but he wont listen to me, I guess some friend of his at his work owns an R1 and was his first bike so hes thinking he can do it too.  So Im going to teach him everything I know away from the idiots and hope he is safe.
Busa was my first bike and my first car was a 450hp 76' transam 22yrs ago,Im still alive,let him get what he wants,can just as easily hurt himself on a moped.I dont believe in 1st bike,2nd bike B.S theres nothing out there to prove what anybody's "1st bike" should be...just get what you want and ride the hell out of it!!!

Thanks GU....that was the article that came to mind when I originally read the "showroom" salesman's comments.....I'll have two MORE beers, and some more popcorn please......

all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
+
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
+
lurk.gif
= MY LIMIT....
super.gif
<burrrrrp>

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Sport Rider did the 1/4 mile on a bone stock 1098 in 9.87 sec. Stock 08 busas are faster depending on the rider. My buddy with the 08 leaves me in the dust at anything past 150mph. Up until that point it is all about who got on it quicker. The 1098 was not made for high speed racing in a straight line. I am cornering about 15-20mph faster than him though. On a twistie stretch of road the only thing stopping me from absolutely raping him is my constant wheelies coming out of the turns. The busa is still the absolute do it all motorcycle king! No one wants to sit on the highway on a 1098 for more than about 10 minutes. But hey, when ya wanna slap a goddess in the rear, accept no substitute!
thumb_up.gif

313_sc2.jpg

Sport Rider did the 1/4 mile on a bone stock 1098 in 9.87 sec.  Stock 08 busas are faster depending on the rider.  My buddy with the 08 leaves me in the dust at anything past 150mph.  Up until that point it is all about who got on it quicker.  The 1098 was not made for high speed racing in a straight line.  I am cornering about 15-20mph faster than him though.  On a twistie stretch of road the only thing stopping me from absolutely raping him is my constant wheelies coming out of the turns.  The busa is still the absolute do it all motorcycle king!  No one wants to sit on the highway on a 1098 for more than about 10 minutes.  But hey, when ya wanna slap a goddess in the rear, accept no substitute!  
thumb_up.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

if you are in the snob factor get that ducati or jay lenos y2k jet bike, if not turbocharge your busa an then you will be the king of it all...!!!

Sport Rider did the 1/4 mile on a bone stock 1098 in 9.87 sec.  Stock 08 busas are faster depending on the rider.  My buddy with the 08 leaves me in the dust at anything past 150mph.  Up until that point it is all about who got on it quicker.  The 1098 was not made for high speed racing in a straight line.  I am cornering about 15-20mph faster than him though.  On a twistie stretch of road the only thing stopping me from absolutely raping him is my constant wheelies coming out of the turns.  The busa is still the absolute do it all motorcycle king!  No one wants to sit on the highway on a 1098 for more than about 10 minutes.  But hey, when ya wanna slap a goddess in the rear, accept no substitute!  
thumb_up.gif
Cblast!!! How the heck are ya?! Have'nt seen you post in a while (maybe I just missed ya)! How is Isabella? Give her my best!!
hijack.gif
SORRY!
ThumbsUp.gif

thumb_up.gif
drools.gif
Dang you post some great pictures.....
drools.gif

drools.gif

I got more for ya...

see what happens when ya ride a duc, this one could not help herself, she had to strip her clothes off!
thumb_up.gif

Ducati_20Hotties1423.jpg

Cblast!!! How the heck are ya?! Have'nt seen you post in a while (maybe I just missed ya)! How is Isabella? Give her my best!!
hijack.gif
 SORRY!
ThumbsUp.gif
Hey bud! Yeah, been doing lots of housework and taking care of the rugrats, my wife is deployed so I am the "navy wife" lately. Pretty fat and hairy even for a Navy wife if I do say so myself!
jump9.gif

Ohhhh Nooooo...
She better wipe down that seat!

edited.jpg

So went bike shopping with a friend today (hes looking to purchase his first bike) we stopped by a Ducatti dealer and while we were there the dealer claimed that the 1098 would smoke a Busa in the quarter,as well as at a Yamaha dealer different salesman claimed the same thing about the new R1 as well as claiming the new R1 has 199 hp.  I havent really looked into thoose bikes but I know my 08 will shut just about anything up that it comes acrossed but Ive never really seen many Ducatis around here and honestly didnt even know we had a dealer locally for them.  So really just looking for everyones imput.
The new R1 its got 187 bhp and weighs 177 kilos and yes it will take the piss out of the K8... trust me ive ridden 1 Today scarey and yet smoother on power than its predecesser awsome morcomfortable now but still cramped and weired clocks just 1 and a couple of digidials dash looks empty.

So went bike shopping with a friend today (hes looking to purchase his first bike) we stopped by a Ducatti dealer and while we were there the dealer claimed that the 1098 would smoke a Busa in the quarter,as well as at a Yamaha dealer different salesman claimed the same thing about the new R1 as well as claiming the new R1 has 199 hp.  I havent really looked into thoose bikes but I know my 08 will shut just about anything up that it comes acrossed but Ive never really seen many Ducatis around here and honestly didnt even know we had a dealer locally for them.  So really just looking for everyones imput.
The new R1 its got 187 bhp and weighs 177 kilos and yes it will take the piss out of the K8... trust me ive ridden 1 Today scarey and yet smoother on power than its predecesser awsome morcomfortable now but still cramped and weired clocks just 1 and a couple of digidials dash looks empty.

Dont Buy a ducatti Italian s**te always breaking down they hate wet weather and pushbikes passing them at the side of the road second unreliable bike to a AV Augusta also Italian

Im not knocking Italians Ive got many good friends but they also say plenty of dukes at the side of the road when it rains

I just ate pushing bikes or cars

Japs have got it right bikes and cars

RELIABILITY

Honda    10/10
Yamaha   9.5/10
suzuki   8.5/10

rest cant be bothered giving brownie points

Back