Bike Shopping today

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
So, some may know I'm looking for a large CC cruiser, hopefully as a stable mate and not a replacement.
sad.gif
  Anyways I visited 6 different dealers this morning and walked away from it all still liking the vtx1800, or the Victory.  I was disappointed because I wanted to sit on a Boulevard 95 but nobody had one in stock, not sure if thats because its desirable or what, guess I should of asked.  I sat on the Kawasaki Vulcan MEAN STREAK, nice looking bike, but felt very small when I was sitting on it, also don't think it had the best rear seat for 2-up riding.  I sat on a couple Yamaha's that felt comfy, just not into Yamy's styling and even stopped at 2 HD dealers.  Didn't really see anything except the street rod that appealed to me there, and then back to a bike thats not great for 2-up ALL DAY riding.

I guess the best part of the day was I got about 130 miles on the Busa today while cruising from dealer to dealer.  The HD dealers were the only dealers where the salesman didn't come out and look at my bike.  Actually, my first dealer stop today as I'm looking at bikes inside, there were 3 salesman looking at my bike outside.
biggrin.gif
  At the Victory dealership the salesman was at my bike before I even turned the key off, although he was interested because he just bought a tl1000 about 2 months ago.  As usual, the dealer that I bought the bike at had everybody out in the parking lot looking.........and the thing that draws the most questions and approvals is the swingarm located plate, OH WELL, guess I shouldn't of wasted all that money on all the other SHOW PRETTY stuff...LOL.

Unfortunatley the wife had to work today, so I couldn't get her ass approval for a rear seat she liked so I couldn't sign any papers today, but as soon as we both have some time together, I think we will be test fitting her behind to one of these bikes and trying to bankrupt me.

Sorry so long, but thanks for reading anyways.

Sounds like you had a fun time. I pulled into a shop a few weeks ago and sat on a Venture. If I hadn't been in the process of buying my new house, I would have bought it.

Well mine was the opposite story. When I first got married the wife let me buy a 750 Ninja red and black 1990. around 97 or so I got rid of it and went without a bike till 2000 at which time I said to the wife I want another bike,and her responce OK but see there it is the but,it has to be comfy for me she says. Well as most of you know Honda didn't have the 1800 at the time so I went for the AERO 1100 very nice and customs out even nicer. Then yep here it comes again I want my own bike but it has to be pearl white. So Now its my turn OK and low and behold like magic Suzuki Volusia 800 40th happened to be What color PEARL WHITE. 2004. so now its 2005 and the bug is biten me real bad for speed again. I looked on the net at Suzuki and BAM like a ton of bricks hit me there it was BLACK n RED BUSA I'm in lust now memorial day weekend was the weekend I bought her and smile everytime I look at it. Oh yeah I bhad to beg a little but in the end the wife just said its up to you but if I see you ridin on 1 wheel I'll devorce you. Well no need to worry honey it goes faster on 2. LOL...

Back