CBR1000RR

badassbusa

Registered
I have 2001 busa that is my baby, also have 2002 GSXR1000. really nice bike, i am thinking to get my 3rd bike. i am not sure what to get? ZX10 is claiming 184HP with ram air!!! is the factory ZX10 does have that option? with 375 pound "dry". the new R1 is 180HP with 379 pounds. those are from yamaha & kawasaki websites. can not find any info from honda about there new CBR1000RR!!! any body know's how many pound is the new CBR1000RR "dry" & how many HP they are claiming?

good question....I would like to know as well.

The new 1000RR's seem to be decent machines.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it has a li'l less hp than the R1, which has a little less than the 10.
I think about 172 crank er something.

Ok, I just got back from lunch...and I stopped by the store. Lo and behold....this month's Cycle World has the 1000RR as it's cover feature.

According to the mag, it has 145hp and 75 ft-lbs of torque, but it doesn't mention if that's RW or crank. On the performance part of the article, it does a very impressive 1/4mi at 10-something.

On top of that, they did a comparison to the G1K...and guess what? CW has the 1000RR beating out the G1k...in almost everything except for the 60-80 times. I believe the times were something like 3.07 Honda to 2.81 Suzuki.

On another note, the 04 G1k they used posted slower times than the 03 G1k they used for a comparison last year.

Heh...go figure. Kinda sounds like semi-skewed results to me.

Ok, I just got back from lunch...and I stopped by the store. Lo and behold....this month's Cycle World has the 1000RR as it's cover feature.

According to the mag, it has 145hp and 75 ft-lbs of torque, but it doesn't mention if that's RW or crank. On the performance part of the article, it does a very impressive 1/4mi at 10-something.

On top of that, they did a comparison to the G1K...and guess what? CW has the 1000RR beating out the G1k...in almost everything except for the 60-80 times. I believe the times were something like 3.07 Honda to 2.81 Suzuki.

On another note, the 04 G1k they used posted slower times than the 03 G1k they used for a comparison last year.

Heh...go figure. Kinda sounds like semi-skewed results to me.
That would be a rw figure Pacster

I'll try to find a thread I saw on another site, but they listed the zx10 as tops in torque, R1 in HP and the CBR100rr as heaviest amongst all 4 of the 04' liter bikes. I'll try to find the thread.

The new Motorcyclist has the full scoop. Long story short, the Honda is the heaviest (more than 30 lbs heavier than the ZX10!) and the slowest.

The fastest and the lightest is the ZX10. It even beats the Busa as far as HP at 161.9 RW (at least it beats the one tested by them). Torque was around 80 if I remember right. Top speed was 186 and 1/4 mile time was 10.03 sec.

But lets not forget that the Busa still beats it in top speed and 1/4 mile time. It pisses me off how they rant and rave about the brute power and performance of the new liter bikes but mention little of the fact that the Busa is still faster and more powerful (much more torque). However later in the mag they throw us a bone and mention that the Busa is still the speed king even if Team Green dissagrees and that the Busa's high torque and broad torque curve more than HP is what makes it so fast. Would be nice if they mentioned that in the liter bike comparo to shut up all the young punks.

The new Motorcyclist has the full scoop. Long story short, the Honda is the heaviest (more than 30 lbs heavier than the ZX10!) and the slowest.

The fastest and the lightest is the ZX10. It even beats the Busa as far as HP at 161.9 RW (at least it beats the one tested by them). Torque was around 80 if I remember right. Top speed was 186 and 1/4 mile time was 10.03 sec.

But lets not forget that the Busa still beats it in top speed and 1/4 mile time. It pisses me off how they rant and rave about the brute power and performance of the new liter bikes but mention little of the fact that the Busa is still faster and more powerful (much more torque). However later in the mag they throw us a bone and mention that the Busa is still the speed king even if Team Green dissagrees and that the Busa's high torque and broad torque curve more than HP is what makes it so fast. Would be nice if they mentioned that in the liter bike comparo to shut up all the young punks.
Now that would hurt sales wouldn't it, if the young guys were told that despite all your power you're still not the fastest. That's why it's our job to show them!

Damn straight BigDawg! You know the other thing is that there really is nothing you can do to make the liter bikes any faster simnply becasue they are almost at the point of being out of control as it is due to the short wheelbase and light weight.

Nice to know the Busa is still king (at least the king of speed!).

Owning a Busa is like being a Republican, you know you are right but you never get the credit you deserve from the press.
wink.gif

Why does everyone get so excited about comparing busas to the liter bikes?
Different application, different purposes, different bike. I well know there are quite a few guys lurking around on 600's, 750's, and 1k's that are more than capable of handing me my ass on a plate......but I also know I own the most unique, sexy, comfortable and stable "sport" bike the world has ever seen.

That's how I see it.....for what it's worth.

TBone

the R-1 and zx-10 may have a few, 2 or 3 more HP than the gixxer, but they still dont have the aerodynamics, so they lose up top, I know, been there done that, just waiting for the riders to take em to the twisties for the real test, my guess, gixxer on top... cept the honda should give me a good run, it will handle better than the rest...

Ref CBR1000RR I had also read it has less HP than the R1.
To me the CBR looks awesome compared to the Kawi & R1

i hate the look of the ZX10, i'm not sure which one to get, R1 or CBR1000RR? i think the R1 can you more fairings on the engine side. but i do like the electric steering dampner on the CBR1000RR, also the hydrulic clutch, honda is offering too much for the price you are paying compering to other bikes.

Love the look of the R1, don't like the colour choices on the CBR1000, but love the undertail exhaust on both.

The ZX10 looks cool, but feels terrible to me (why, I could not figure out)

The R1 & CBR felt very comfortable.

Oh, what the heck, get one of each!!!
biggrin.gif

Back