Holy crap

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
Just read Cycle World's write up on the new R1.
Yam is claiming 180hp with the aid of ram air and 172 w/o.
And a dry weight of 378 lbs.......serious 1/4 mile threat if you can launch it, and keep it on the ground!!!
With those kinda numbers we might see a mid 9 second bone stock bike.....again, if ya can launch it, and if you weigh....say 158 lbs.

:thumbsup:

Yeah Man, I saw a video recently of a 750cc powered cart. Buts I still think building a cart with a suspension, full roll cage, paddle shifters, and 180 HP would be amazing...

Oh, I would love to build it, But alas...I haven't the tools... :sad: Oh and I don't have a Mig or Tig for fabrication, and the frame for the thing would have to be strong. Hell maybe a Busa Powered cart would be the way to go...Yeah a Turbo Charged Busa Power plant, and keep vehicle weight under 500 lbs, Dayum that would be a blast...

Just read Cycle World's write up on the new R1.
Yam is claiming 180hp with the aid of ram air and 172 w/o.
And a dry weight of 378 lbs.......serious 1/4 mile threat if you can launch it, and keep it on the ground!!!
With those kinda numbers we might see a mid 9 second bone stock bike.....again, if ya can launch it, and if you weigh....say 158 lbs.

:thumbsup:
Keep in mind that HP is CLAIMED and was without emmissions AND MEASURED AT THE CRANKSHAFT. Mid-9s... hehehehehe yeah right!

MSF, thats definitely at the crank and optimistic at that. if the R-1 squirts out 145 at the wheel I will be surprised, remember they stroked that engine even more to shorten the cylinders so the frame could go over the top of the engine instead of around it, thus narrowing the bike. it may rev a little higher than the "king" but you wont find any power up there.....

also, let's not forget that the reason the busa is so fast in 1/4... Heavyier (keeps front down and tire connecting with street), longer wheel base, TORQUE! The yamaha would beat it on paper, but never on the real track because of these factors. It just won't be able to stay down. Busa still reigns!

Yammis are for mammies. But seriously, if what they wrote in the article is close to the truth, it would be impressive. Keep in mind that there are an awful lot of Yamaha ads in that zine. Don't now exactly how un-biased their reporting is.

PS. EVERYONE should look at the centerfold pictures. A dude practicing for the German GP bails from his bike at 120mph because it CAUGHT ON FIRE. Apparently the gas cap was loose and well... S#@t happens. Chris

I guess you all a talking about the lastest issue...Picked it up and sat it down...Didn't even flip a page...What are the #'s on the zx10r???  :super:

Yammis are for mammies.  But seriously, if what they wrote in the article is close to the truth, it would be impressive.  Keep in mind that there are an awful lot of Yamaha ads in that zine.  Don't now exactly how un-biased their reporting is.

PS.  EVERYONE should look at the centerfold pictures.  A dude practicing for the German GP bails from his bike at 120mph because it CAUGHT ON FIRE.  Apparently the gas cap was loose and well... S#@t happens.  Chris
That wasn't some dude, that Was Collin Edwards, he was the man in WSB and is struggling now to get the Priller competitive in Moto GP...

A whole new definition of hot pants though...

Yeah......I know it's claimed......I know it's crank.....what am I thick :crazy: ........still impressive numbers for a liter bike you gotta agree with that.........BTW I hate the R bikes.....just thought it was interesting. ;) :eek: :super:

he said "some guy" :laugh:

I,ll put money on my 03 gixer to beat em all! the R-1, 10 and the honduh, any takers? I get to participate in the elimination though, already have the honduh and the R-1 lined up, just need to find a 10. then we will tape the shootout to see which bike is the "KING"

he said "some guy"  :laugh:

I,ll put money on my 03 gixer to beat em all! the R-1, 10 and the honduh, any takers? I get to participate in the elimination though, already have the honduh and the R-1 lined up, just need to find a 10. then we will tape the shootout to see which bike is the "KING"
Sounds like an excellent idea.....a real world no bs test of the liter bikes.......can't wait to here how it went. :thumbsup:

he said "some guy"  :laugh:

I am with you Twisted... well on the R1, the 10 seems more impressive. If the R1 was really the poop, Yammy would be hooping it up a lot more than they are...

yeah I had a dude telling me that crap yesterday..

"180hp.. guess that busa won't be the fastest anymore...  they don't handle that good anyway do they?"

"I think my R1 can handle da' busa in a 70-80mph roll on.. it's just so quick at those speeds!.."

uhhh... wrong. :D

Cuz everybody and their dog has an R1....

They are just so....common...and plain. :tounge:

Back