1098 Ducati & 1300 Busa

markhurd101

Registered
Guys

just had to share this with you. I went to the Ducati dealership the other day to look at the possibility of a lateral move. I must say in person the 1098 is an extrodinary machine...Ducati got it right, really! That said, like any kidd I started to contemplate the trade-in of the Busa to the Duc. Couldnt do it! Both bikes are a work of art and the best in their respective class. So now I am talking to Monty (dealer) about putting the deposit down on one. wish me luck!
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s295/markhurd101/DUCATI1098.jpg

DUCATI1098.jpg

here is the pic

I spent about an hour looking at the 1098S yesterday..and I have to agree it is a work of art.

I have always been a Duck fan but this latest creation wraps up a total package with a key word added.....actually affordable.

Am I gonna trade? Not a chance, but maybe in a few years, I may add one to the stable.

I love the Italians to...women that is!!! As far as bikes, their's are just eye candy, My Busa is all I need when it comes to bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

The 1098 will be in my garage by summer....next to the busa. Actually, it will be a 1098s. It's a tough call, the gsxr1000 is a way more senseble unit, faster, less expensive and way easier to maintain. However, I came form the tl1000 ranks and have always loved them v-twin's! After all, it's only money....can't take it with you!
jump9.gif

Good luck, 'cause she's a great bike! The 1098S (pictured) is about $19K, but it has all the goodies, and the "base" 1098 is a nice bike for $15K.

But, having come from a Ducati Monster, for my type of riding, nothing can touch the Busa.

The 1098 is a BEAUTIFUL bike, no doubt about it. But it's the maintence factor that I don't like. Doing a valve job every 7500 miles is just expensive. I know it's supposed to be cheaper than it used to be (a buddy routinely spends $800 on his Monster every 6000 miles), but damn, that's a big bill.

"High Maintenances..." are all alike...you pay for what you get...a women or a bike...same all the way. Question is, wanna work for it?
wink.gif

I didn't know they were at KC Intl yet. I'm gonna have to go check it out. If I can pay off my busa this year, I'll definitely have one next riding season.

Nice bike but me thinks the busa is alot more comfortable, for anything more then a few miles!

the base 1098 is $19k, the $1098S is 24k, the S comes with F + R Ohlins shocks,  termi exhuast and forged lighter rims. and a usb port to download data. oh yes, this will be my next bike!

ducati wants to break into the superbike market that's why they are going to mass produce(more so than they had their other bikes), also they have looked to the japanese bikes as for reliability and are said to have decreased the amount of maintenance required.  horsepower wise they are hitting around 140-145 to the rear. but the torque is 10-15 lb/ft more than a 1k bike in the lower rpms. combine that with a below 400lb wet weight bike and this girl will hustle off the line. top speed, who cares, that's what I have the busa for.

I Love, Love, Love just about everything about the 1098!

I say just about because I have a bit of a personal issue with the political message embodied by this single motorcycle. They built this bike for two main reasons 1) to sell scads of motorcycles (and every indications is that they will indeed) obviously 2) (and more pertnent to my previous comment) to force the FIM to allow a 200cc displacement boost for twins in WSBK competition. Even Though Bayliss made em all cry like little girls last year on the (ahem) "underpowered" 999. They claim that they cannot be competitive with the 1 liter 4's with the current bike and they are demanding more or they will leave superbike racing! They already did in the USA! When we finally have a full grid of players from the big 4 in AMA SBK, Ducati says "I'm takin my ball and going home unless you let me run 1200cc superbikes"! Buh Bye!

That being said the 1098 is an awesome machine and I bet it will win alot of credit from the Bike Magazines and street riders alike. I drool at the very thought of 330mm rotors, Ohlins forks, Brembo Monoblocs and Marchesini wheels. I just don't buy into the we need more displacement to be competitive mumbo jumbo.
poke.gif
guns.gif
firedevil.gif

FLame on!

Me
wink.gif
, I'll just wait and see. Got 2 Ducs now, but I'll let you NEW 1098 owners go through the teething problems. I remember when I did with my 916 "Ouch" (that's why I've got a 998 now)  !!!! I'll probably look  
SHOCKED.gif
at the 2009 model year. Things will be settled down by then  
beerchug.gif

The 1098 is awesome, bike but wayyyyy more bike than I'll ever use. Got my eye on a 675 to go along with the Busa. (Or the new Busa... whenever, if ever
tounge.gif
)

Back