1098 Ducati & 1300 Busa

it's the ferrari of motorcycles! Damn pretty!!!
beerchug.gif

Yeah, that 1098Duc is the cat's a$$. When I saw it on the cover of Cycle World... I was quite impressed. I can only dream of bikes like that. Being 6'5" the only litre bike that I'm comfortable on is the Gixxer 1000.

guys

the bike in the pic is 30K. they guy that bought it got the full system plus alot of upgrades. I will be happy with the base for 15K

30K, Geezzzzzzzzz, for that you could ALMOST buy a new performance car --- ALMOST that is
laugh.gif

I don't like Italian bikes , nothing can touch the BUSA !
cool.gif

While I wanna wish ya luck?....and i really do...i'd rather tell ya these few things...

1. My small circle of older, wiser, highly skilled and experienced riding buds refer to Ducati's as....

"Italian Harleys"

2. 9 out of 10 folks i know that have owned Ducati's?...were absolutely thrilled when they got'em and just as thrilled when they sold'em...except for the frowns of the aweful finacial azz-whopping they took selling them.

3. (and this ain't no shid)...I have a riding bud who's a "corporate insurance lawyer"..and several years back he plunked down $22,000 to get on a waiting list for a Ducati MH900E...(a Mike Hailwood Race Replica)...he was extremely happy when he actually took delivery some 19 months after paying a full deposite for it...owned it for 3 months...and put 1,700 miles on it before sending the #2 rod through the bottom case...and ducati said..."He Over-Revved It"...1 law suite...thousands of dollars....professional mechanical testimony and almost two years later?..he recieved a full refund...and i'm serious...that no shid...i know him.

4. For the past 25 years at Daytona?..."Ducati"...has never completed the Open Class Daytona 200...the engines always blow in the final laps...that track is too hard and FAST for a ducati engine.

If ya "Just Hafta Have A Twin"?....RC51 or bust...but damn man...don't.....just don't.

JMHO and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Jinkster I've had Ducs for years, (6 of them to be exact) and still have an 888 and 998 (sold my ST4 3 months ago with 102,000 miles on it) and have NEVER had any problem (except my 916 which did have first year teething problems) . Ducs are just like any other bike, if you ride the crappola out of them, they break. Just like my Kaws and Suzs. Take care of them (meaning maintance - and yes the Ducs do require more) and they'll last for a long time. I've seen Suzs, Kaws and Hondas blow by misuse. So, just saying a Duc is not strong puts me in a position of saying I very much disagree. And I have A LOT for Duc owners to agree with me. And sure, there are bad Duc Bikes, but as this thread shows, the Busa is not TROUBLE FREE !

OK,  
rant.gif
 NOW !! You can go get a  
beerchug.gif
now AND Long Live the BUSA  
race.gif
 !!!!

(DaCol. @ Feb. 17 2007,12:07) Jinkster I've had Ducs for years, (6 of them to be exact) and still have an 888 and 998 (sold my ST4 3 months ago with 102,000 miles on it) and have NEVER had any problem (except my 916 which did have first year teething problems) . Ducs are just like any other bike, if you ride the crappola out of them, they break. Just like my Kaws and Suzs. Take care of them (meaning maintance - and yes the Ducs do require more) and they'll last for a long time. I've seen Suzs, Kaws and Hondas blow by misuse. So, just saying a Duc is not strong puts me in a position of saying I very much disagree. And I have A LOT for Duc owners to agree with me. And sure, there are bad Duc Bikes, but as this thread shows, the Busa is not TROUBLE FREE !

OK,  
rant.gif
 NOW !! You can go get a  
beerchug.gif
now AND Long Live the BUSA  
race.gif
 !!!!
sorry....i loath ducs...and while i'm certain there's plenty of duc champs out there?...i've had far more friends who have had bad experiences with'em than good...then again?...i live in south florida...the roads down here are long, straight, flat and fast...very fast....ducs don't hold up...but the jap inline 4's?...keep the oil changed and run the dogshid out of'em and..rarely if ever a problem....so?...I guess we just hafta agree to dis-agree...and did i mention i hate ducs?
laugh.gif

Jinkster, you live in Florida, and have FAST roads  
wow.gif
. Now Jinkster, fess up, you really don't live in Slow-oida do ya  
wink.gif

When I go to Florida I see all these cars with a sign saying, "When I get old I'am going to move up North and drive real slow" !!!  

If you really want Fast Straight roads, ya need to come out here where the BASE speed limit is 65 mph on all state roads (and yea, you can do 65 or more for a long time), and turnpikes at 75 mph. Of course in a state with only 3,000,000 pop and with 3 cities having 2/3s of the population (leaves a lot, and I mean ALOT of wide open spaces). So, when we talk  
argue.gif
about fast roads, WE MEAN FAST ROADS  
SHOCKED.gif

"OH" did I mention, I LOVE Ducs
laugh.gif

(DaCol. @ Feb. 17 2007,15:51) Jinkster, you live in Florida, and have FAST roads  
wow.gif
. Now Jinkster, fess up, you really don't live in Slow-oida do ya  
wink.gif

When I go to Florida I see all these cars with a sign saying, "When I get old I'am going to move up North and drive real slow" !!!  

If you really want Fast Straight roads, ya need to come out here where the BASE speed limit is 65 mph on all state roads (and yea, you can do 65 or more for a long time), and turnpikes at 75 mph. Of course in a state with only 3,000,000 pop and with 3 cities having 2/3s of the population (leaves a lot, and I mean ALOT of wide open spaces). So, when we talk  
argue.gif
about fast roads, WE MEAN FAST ROADS  
SHOCKED.gif

"OH" did I mention, I LOVE Ducs
laugh.gif
oh boy....here we go....gotta live one.
laugh.gif

Das Colonel...ever been to..or should i say "through" inland south florida?...ever heard of "Alligator Alley"?

oh and...the gators hate ducs too!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Since my family is from the Bayou Country (Real Southern Louisiana) , I just LOVES gator meat  
SHOCKED.gif

"OH" Yea, I always order Duck at our monthly Duc Dinner/Meetings  
laugh.gif

It's a BEAUTIFUL bike, And I looked at them here in Dallas before buing my 04 limited. But I just can't justify the cost vs the performance. Still if I hit the Loto there will be one next to the Busa.

The thought of the new 08' Busa being newly redesigned, and the possibility of first year bugs with the 1098 keeps me at bay. Damn nice looking bike though.

(Mr. Anderson @ Feb. 16 2007,13:38) the base 1098 is $19k, the $1098S is 24k, the S comes with F + R Ohlins shocks,  termi exhuast and forged lighter rims. and a usb port to download data. oh yes, this will be my next bike!
Not sure what you're reading, but the base model is $15K, and the "S" is $19K. And the "S" doesn't come with the Termi; it's an option.

(DaCol. @ Feb. 17 2007,16:18) Since my family is from the Bayou Country (Real Southern Louisiana) , I just LOVES gator meat  
SHOCKED.gif

"OH" Yea, I always order Duck at our monthly Duc Dinner/Meetings  
laugh.gif
What's up?...is there a "Fake Southern Louisiana"?
rock.gif

and your families from the other part?
laugh.gif

"I always order Duck at our monthly Duc Dinner/Meetings
laugh.gif
"

you're kill'in me here! LOL!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This thread made me go back to my bookmarks and look at the 1098s.... Sh!t, they now offer it in Black with red trellis frame! Last time I looked at it, it was only available in Red, which made it easier to not want one. Dayumit. Now I need to get the wife prepped for me wanting one, which is generally a 180day out warning, followed by 30day reminders
smile.gif

(JINKSTER @ Feb. 17 2007,14:17) 4. For the past 25 years at Daytona?..."Ducati"...has never completed the Open Class Daytona 200...the engines always blow in the final laps...that track is too hard and FAST for a ducati engine.
Sorry Bill but Neil Hodgson finished 2nd in 05 and Fourth in 06 at Daytona. Ben Bostrom was 7th in 06 and his bro was 11th the year before. Much as I hate Eric Bostrom he had the 200 in the bag in 04 until he perforated an oil cooler. That was all the further I looked back.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Mar/sp2/060311c.htm
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Mar/e/n050312f.htm

Back