100 Octane At A Local 76 Station But,

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
it's $7.859 a gallon! That's a helluva fill up. The pump reads: Racing gasoline, not a Union 76 product. Wonder if a gallon or two might be worth a try the next time I'm on empty...Wonder which bike would show more of a difference, my six carbed CBX or the Busa?

it's $7.859 a gallon! That's a helluva fill up. The pump reads: Racing gasoline, not a Union 76 product. Wonder if a gallon or two might be worth a try the next time I'm on empty...Wonder which bike would show more of a difference, my six carbed CBX or the Busa?
Oh ya that busa will like it guarantee!!!

I thought you couldn't run those high octane fuels unless the bike was tuned for it?

Gen 1 is rated for 87. Gen 2 is 91, right?

Ditto on matching the octane to the manufacturer's rating. I remember a dyno comparison a long while back that showed the power drop with the higher (over-rated) octane.

you sound stupid!

Not sure I see the need for insults. I recall awhile back Brock did a test on this and demonstrated 87 working the best. I don't have the time to search for it but I have plenty of dyno pulls and literally thousands of passes at the track on 87 octane that demonstrate it is fine.

I guess you know more then the people who designed and tested the engine...

I know enough to make my own decisions based on my experience (and other's). You can run whatever fuel you like but in my quest for every little bit of performance I can get I'm willing to try things and have found that 87 works great.

Go ahead and waste your $$$ on some 100 octane...be sure to let us know how crappy your bikes run on it lol

Back