Premium fuel

Before you talk sh*t dumbazz about what I know maybe you should back up why running a low grade fuel is better other than a BS “well that what my neighbor says is betterâ€￾ attitude with facts.

And let me ask you:

Are you on a team that has broken the land speed record in your class for the last 3 years?
Did you put your way through college working in a performance machine shop building a blue printing race motors for boats, cars and bikes?
Do you currently own any race cars or bikes?
Well I do and what I know if from real world experience you smack talking bit*h.

My friend at EDR Performance (a performance motorcycle shop that specializes in Busas) laughs at the idea that some tard thinks it is ok to run low grade fuel in a busa.

Suzy also recommends that you don’t change the exhaust, remove the emission controls and replace the tires with battle axe only.

If you want to run low octane that is great. You have your opinion.
But there is no reason to talk s*it you fu*king co*k smoker.

Before you talk sh*t dumbazz about what I know maybe you should back up why running a low grade fuel is better other than a BS “well that what my neighbor says is betterâ€￾ attitude with facts.

And let me ask you:

Are you on a team that has broken the land speed record in your class for the last 3 years?
Did you put your way through college working in a performance machine shop building a blue printing race motors for boats, cars and bikes?
Well I do and what I know if from real world experience you smack talking bit*h.

My friend at EDR Performance (a performance motorcycle shop that specializes in Busas) laughs at the idea that some tard thinks it is ok to run low grade fuel in a busa.

Suzy also recommends that you don’t change the exhaust, remove the emission controls and replace the tires with battle axe only.

it must be nice to know some people.
but yes I have records and yes I build fast bikes and yes in a stock busa 87 is more than enough but you won't catch me using it in my turbo. so go back and stroke your friends ego and be happy you have not prove a thing

Premium's the fuel for my Bus.  Don't know if it makes a big diff but I just feel better knowing I'm feeding her the best.
When you think about how small the tank is the few cents cost difference isn't that big a deal. It's even hard to distinguish the power loss by seat of the pants feel, you really need the bike on a dyno or on the drag strip to tell the loss in HP when using the higher octane gas.

Now if you intend to keep the bike for a long time and rack up some huge miles be prepared to eventually decoke the engine heads and valves. That'll be the main cost of "feeding her the best".

Premium's the fuel for my Bus.  Don't know if it makes a big diff but I just feel better knowing I'm feeding her the best.
When you think about how small the tank is the few cents cost difference isn't that big a deal.  It's even hard to distinguish the power loss by seat of the pants feel, you really need the bike on a dyno or on the drag strip to tell the loss in HP when using the higher octane gas.

Now if you intend to keep the bike for a long time and rack up some huge miles be prepared to eventually decoke the engine heads and valves.  That'll be the main cost of "feeding her the best".
that is false .....
if you feed something that doesn't burn correctly it will carbon up more and in the long run hurt the motor. remeber just because it cost more does make it better

And let me ask you:

I would have to disagree with using higher octane in a STOCK RUNNING BUSA. This is based on my comparisons and 100's of builder comparisons. It will run better all around on the 87 if it is stock unless it is an oxygenated gas. Put in what you are comfy with, but some of the best Busa engine builders in the county have worked on this one over and over. Johnny may come across a little harsh but he has build 100's of engines and has worked on 500 or more bikes.

All of what you said is correct about the burn etc., that is why you use high octane in Turbos, NOS and high comp. built motors. You will find once you start going over 11:1 compression you will need higher octane. Like in a Ninja 12 wich runs 12:1 comp (Has to have premium). A Busa however when it is stock is only 10:1 comp. I got better performace with the faster burning 87oct FOR ALL AROUND USE. As soon as I started to do high end runs even with NOS I went to high octane and I am always adding Toulene or Xylene on high end runs with the Turbo along with 100GT.

I did ALL the research I needed to, having known nothing about anything octane previous to that, and came to the conclusion that 87 OCT is just fine for my TOTALLY STOCK busa. It's a timing thing. Why put slower burning gas in an angine timed for faster burn 87? Notice the 600's all require higher oct due to higher compression and timing.

I did ALL the research I needed to, having known nothing about anything octane previous to that, and came to the conclusion that 87 OCT is just fine for my TOTALLY STOCK busa.  It's a timing thing.  Why put slower burning  gas in an angine timed for faster burn 87?  Notice the 600's all require higher oct due to higher compression and timing.
Correct. Most of these new bikes are bushing 12:1 13:1 which need the 90 octane.

that is false .....
if you feed something that doesn't burn correctly it will carbon up more and in the long run hurt the motor. remeber just because it cost more does make it better [/QUOTE]

uuh...that's kinda what I was getting at when I mentioned Decoking the engine.
smile.gif

It won't happen overnight but feeding it too high an octane will eventually screw things up.

I've noticed that people in the UK decoke their engines on a weekly basis
smile.gif
 Seriously in the CX clubs I'm in they do it at least every 20K miles where as in the US it's never needed even at 100K miles as long as quality fuel along with correct octane is used.

Someone from the UK once told me why but I can't remember...I think it had something to do with their gas being crap in general.

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091750726 -->

smile.gif

that is false .....
if you feed something that doesn't burn correctly it will carbon up more and in the long run hurt the motor. remeber just because it cost more does make it better

uuh...that's kinda what I was getting at when I mentioned Decoking the engine.
smile.gif

It won't happen overnight but feeding it too high an octane will eventually screw things up.

I've noticed that people in the UK decoke their engines on a weekly basis
smile.gif
 Seriously in the CX clubs I'm in they do it at least every 20K miles where as in the US it's never needed even at 100K miles as long as quality fuel along with correct octane is used.

Someone from the UK once told me why but I can't remember...I think it had something to do with their gas being crap in general.[/QUOTE]
I really need to learn how to comprehend what I read
crazy.gif

fromer student of the Evelyn Wood speed reading course for real

smile.gif

How about when using a TRE? Does it matter?

So i guess running Cam2 is out of the question. LOL

hhehehe.....lemme get this straight. JC is d*mbazz??? LOL!!!! Man..thats good. If he is, I would have that d*mbazz work on my bike any day!!!!

Here's a question for ya Cheese. If someone had a pipe, power commander and airbox mod, would running race fuel hurt the motor? NO...I'm not even thinking of ever doing it, I was just wondering if it could hurt the engine.

Allow me to add some yellow to this pizzing contest. One of the guys I sleds with is a tech at the local refinery here. We were yakkin gas during a long road trip the the mountians one day. He explained in terms I dont recall , that regular gas was a much dirtier burning fuel and that if you were to compare 2 motors , 1 burning reg and 1 burning prem . After years of use , all things being equal , the prem engine would look much cleaner. Im guessing one of the reasons suki has set the timing etc to run reg is because everyone can find it and they wont have any engine warranty probs due to guys running reg in a motor designed for prem. sj

How about when using a TRE? Does it matter?  

So i guess running Cam2 is out of the question. LOL
A TRE has nothing to do with the performance of your BUSA!! It only takes of max mph restrictions. ALTHOUGH NOTE YOU WOULD HAVE HAD TO AKE MODIFICATIONS TO MAKE THE TRE OF USE. SO IF YOU AVE MADE THESE MODIFICATIONS FOR A TOP END RUN USE PREMIUM AND BEYOD.

hhehehe.....lemme get this straight.  JC is d*mbazz???  LOL!!!!  Man..thats good.  If he is, I would have that d*mbazz work on my bike any day!!!!

Here's a question for ya Cheese.  If someone had a pipe, power commander and airbox mod, would running race fuel hurt the motor?  NO...I'm not even thinking of ever doing it, I was just wondering if it could hurt the engine.
jOHNNY CAN ANSWER FOR HIMSELF, HOWEVER RUNNING THE RACE FUEL IF YOU ARE JUST REFERING TO OCTANE WILL NOT HURT THE MOTOR. THE ARE DIFFEENT RACE FUELS AND ADDITIVES THAT HAVE METHANE AND THEY CNA HURT A SLIGHTLY MODDED BUSA MOTOR.

Allow me to add some yellow to this pizzing contest.   One of the guys I sleds with is a tech at the local refinery here. We were yakkin gas during a long road trip the the mountians one day.   He explained in terms I dont recall , that regular gas was a much dirtier burning fuel and that if you were to compare 2 motors , 1 burning reg and 1 burning prem . After years of use , all things being equal , the prem engine would look much cleaner.   Im guessing one of the reasons  suki has set the timing etc to run reg is because everyone can find it and they wont have any engine warranty probs due to guys running reg in a motor designed for prem.    sj
TRUE TO A DEGREE, but that is a whole diffeent subject.

That is why you have additives like;

methyl tertiary butyl

Oronite Gasoline Additives (OGA)

ETBE (ethanol)

Techron

Back