Cam II

BIKE DUDE

Donating Member
Registered
For a couple of weeks now I've been driving by a local gas station/convenience store and they have a sign "Cam II Sold Here":cheerleader: So I stopped in to night to look at the pump for price and octane but it's sold inside in 5 gal cans. He has 100 octane for 59.95 and 104 octane for 69.95. My question is will I feel any difference if I try a tank in my bike. It's an 08 with a full Yosh R77 4 into 1 and a BMC filter.(No PC or Bazzaz)Stock ECU with O2. I'm pretty sure a good tune and more timing would get the most out of this fuel but would I be wasting my money. I was thinking about trying some just for Ha Ha's. Could anything bad happen or might it run worse. Which octane should I try? More is better? Is this an OK price????

it wouldn't (shouldn't) run worse, but you won't really gain anything without a tune.
:edit: actually, you may end up with slightly less power, as there's less chemical energy per gallon when you go to higher octane. but i'd think it's a negligible difference, i doubt any of us could notice.

Last edited:
if the gen 2 is tuned as the gen 1 was it will hurt your HP. 87 belive it or not will give you the most. Suzuki tuned the busa to run on 87 well gen1's amyway. I ran vp c12 one time in my gen1 and i didnt see any difference but harder to start, its equal to the 104 cam2. Smells nice and doesn't leave any carbon build up in the exhaust system.

Back