5$ gas and 2 kids?

I don't know how you can complain about 27mpg. I won't post what my truck is getting... :whistle:

Do you know this from personal experience, or from reading it on other forums?

As far as everything I've read, the NEW ones (redesigned) are getting right around 42 mpg. Keep in mind this is a fairly decent sized car! Definitely bigger than the prius..

Do you know this from personal experience, or from reading it on other forums?

I have a friend in FL with one, and he's a car guy/mechanical engineer(so I don't doubt his word or intelligence). He's told me that he's getting close to 60mpg with his. He's really happy too because he's got a 120 mile roundtrip highway commute to work. Hard to belive I know, but very impressive.
I don't if it's worth it or not though, in case it breaks down. Have you ever read a VW wiring diagram? I don't think they translate from German:laugh:

I have a friend in FL with one, and he's a car guy/mechanical engineer(so I don't doubt his word or intelligence). He's told me that he's getting close to 60mpg with his. He's really happy too because he's got a 120 mile roundtrip highway commute to work. Hard to belive I know, but very impressive.
I don't if it's worth it or not though, in case it breaks down. Have you ever read a VW wiring diagram? I don't think they translate from German:laugh:

My best friend worked at a shop that wouldn't even work on the VW diesels. I guess they are a real pain..

I hear ya, and I actually have a 120 mile daily commute as well. I currently drive a 2002 Sable that averages 27 MPG, but that still adds up fast at 120 miles a day. I ride the bike as much as possible, but have been eying the new Jetta.

When was the redesign that is getting the high mileage, was it 2010?

no rear seat....no go

diesel is about how much more than gas now?

In my area (north GA) it is about 35 cents per gallon more. But, if you are nearly doubling your mileage, then I think that would be better. I have not done the math, so no quotes on that :whistle:

VW Polo like this one :thumbsup:

VW-POLO-8X18-9-X18-MO-300x224.jpg

New 2012 Ford Focus is this years hot ticket for mpgs. This is a nice car.
bf861140.jpg

0434c1c6.jpg

Ford Fiesta(41mpgs hgwy) is selling well and don't forget Ford Fusion hybrid. 41 mpgs in city.

New 2012 Ford Focus is this years hot ticket for mpgs. This is a nice car.
bf861140.jpg

0434c1c6.jpg

Ford Fiesta(41mpgs hgwy) is selling well and don't forget Ford Fusion hybrid. 41 mpgs in city.

Who invited the car salesman ???
Posted via Mobile Device

Honda Civic or Accord 4 cylinder. We just traded my Honda for a Toyota minivan. Honda got close to 40mpg, even with me driving.

I sold my 1992 honda civic with 305000 miles to a buddy of mine for 700.00 bucks. He drives it everywhere 5-speed that gets around 40-42 mpg. I bought a 2002 honda accord se it doesnt get as good of mileage but it has a 2.3 4 cyl.

i thought a bout a mazda 3 or honda fit. not sure i can go with a prius. hows the jetta's reliablity?

VW make great cars...except for the POS DSG transmission that they use. My wife's brand new Polo needed a new transmission with only 600km on the clock! VW were good, though. - They actually gave us another new car, rather than merely replace the transmission.

Back