MULLET gets its hairdryer...TURBO

Note for the GenI guys thinking about a GenII radiator..you also NEED the GenII lower left hose. THe GenI is to short. See Pic #1

Making progress:cheerleader:
Pic #2 cleaned up the Microtech box ( prev had liguid nail all over it )
Pic #3 Plenum now back from being polished and installed secondary rail, injectors, and wired them.

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

Have to ask BigRod you have one of the nicest exhaust set ups I have seen love it :thumbsup:

With the Turbo are you going with the dump pipe??? or is it going stealth with it mated to the header.... now that I think of the pic with the header you were going with the dump pipes all the way?

Have to ask BigRod you have one of the nicest exhaust set ups I have seen love it :thumbsup:

With the Turbo are you going with the dump pipe??? or is it going stealth with it mated to the header.... now that I think of the pic with the header you were going with the dump pipes all the way?

Yea....3" dump w/ 1-5/8 wastegate dump pipe. I sold the HMF full set up to a member on here. Ill miss those HMF Im sure.

No.....I shine the beast way to often. Before a ride and after a ride when home. IF the dumps are cut SHORT really close to the fairings then more exhaust black will get on them. I plan to have the pipes outward just a bit to help prevent this.

You sure are doing it nice. I love the heat wrap and pro polish on the plenum. You'll never outgrow the ultra! That thing will be a beast after the motor build. Are you doing the output shaft when you build the motor?

You sure are doing it nice. I love the heat wrap and pro polish on the plenum. You'll never outgrow the ultra! That thing will be a beast after the motor build. Are you doing the output shaft when you build the motor?

YES....not only for the HP that will be going thru it, but also due to the OSD of the 330. Thats a lot of pull on the output shaft. Kosman told me he will make me a new OSD offset sprocket for the HD output when the time comes:thumbsup:

Motor plans for next winter:
HD output shaft
cut tranny
wasnor turbo pistons
wasnor rods
of course bearings and stuff
.80 spacer plate
cosmit gaskets
Cam adjuster gears
head studs
clean up the head
65 lb valve springs
LOL...and if $$$ left...will do a billet clutch hub/ basket.

That should set me up good to see 22 lb boost on pump fuel with this ULTRA kit = 430ish HP.:thumbsup:

Than Ill just need a custom one-off Shinko 330 tire made for me.....so I can use all that power to the ground.....LOL

Last edited:
I've driven nearly 300 hp, I still can't wrap my head around adding another 100hp on top, or another 300 fro that matter. I'm pretty sure your ultra, if it's a big-ole turbo should make 600. That should definitely help you with merging onto the freeway.
Hey, where did you get those header bolts? How much? They look cool. I used Home Depot lock washers, just as sort of an experiment. I've put about 300 miles on since turbo'ing so I might check them soon. Even if they work though, they have NO cool factor. Your's look bad-ass!

Duh, just saw the #s in the pic. Jegs has them for 41.99. If mine loosen up I'm all over this one. Thanks for the detailed pics.

wow looks great, thats some work your doing there, great job...

Think I spent $48ish for a pack of 12 from my local speed shop. There are two other type of lock header bolts out there. One is a split face bolt ( has a smaller allen bolt in the center that you draw in spreading the outer bolt. The other Id have to go back and research to what they are called. The 8s...that I have have great reviews.

The vibrations and heat on lock washers....will not last for long before they are loose.

AEM digi A/F and Boost gauge mounted in autometer carbon cups.
All the dang vac lines on and zip tied.
Picked up the puch-loc hose and fitting Im using on the Lig/Air intercooler heat exchanger.
Pipes delivery today....no to cut fab and weld for the dumps.:laugh:

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

YES....not only for the HP that will be going thru it, but also due to the OSD of the 330. Thats a lot of pull on the output shaft. Kosman told me he will make me a new OSD offset sprocket for the HD output when the time comes:thumbsup:

Motor plans for next winter:
HD output shaft
cut tranny
wasnor turbo pistons
wasnor rods
of course bearings and stuff
.80 spacer plate
cosmit gaskets
Cam adjuster gears
head studs
clean up the head
65 lb valve springs
LOL...and if $$$ left...will do a billet clutch hub/ basket.

That should set me up good to see 22 lb boost on pump fuel with this ULTRA kit = 430ish HP.:thumbsup:

Than Ill just need a custom one-off Shinko 330 tire made for me.....so I can use all that power to the ground.....LOL

Everything is looking great.....Hope that 22lb on pump gas was a typo

NOPE..why. THough I have heard from Richard at RCC that lig/air cooled intercooler and stage-2 is good to 18-20psi on pump fuel...so.

I was saying Richard rates them for 18lb on pump....obivously leaving some extra insurance for his system. I know frank at powerhouse and rick from custom cycles has run theirs on 20lb.....I was just thinking that 22lb is def pushing it, you might be okay for very short burst though....or hell maybe you can get away with it. I was just thinking of what I have heard in the past and that your turbo is smaller than what an Ultra kit usually runs....therefore you intake temps will be slightly to start off with

Last edited:
Back