new turbo , burnt piston

also the two stage idea is almost impossible with the internal gate. you can easily upgrade with a good welder and add an external gate. that would allow you to run a 6 lb spring with minimal creep and run a two stage setup like you mentioned.

just put a spacer plate in it to lower the compression ratio for 7 lbs. they creep if you stay in them hard for any period of time. the hahn is a great kit to start off with. if you burnt a piston you will have to take it down anyways. stick a .060 spacer in it and you will not loose a ton of low end power. if you have a power commander get some honda xx injectors. they will get you safetly to 310 plus hp. keep it on the fat/safe side if you are not trying to break someones dyno. i had no problems with mine and it ran faster then most of the guys with velocity kits run for much less money.
You are not doing 300 hp on a hahn kit with any real usage without heat soaking the engine thus requiring water injection, high percentage of race fuel or an intercooler. IT will require over 11 lbs of boost to hit 300 hp on a hahn kit.

Yes internal gates do tend to creep. It is a housing flaw NOT a gate problem. An external gate is normally stronger and a better choice for more controlled situations. However at 12 lbs of boost the housing and gate on the hahn kit is more than capable to be ran in a dual stage setup. The gate is NO DIFFERENT than a Velocity setup and many of those have been setup on multiple stages.

I'd recommend a .080 spacer to get the compression as low as possible IF you intend to lower the compression at all. BUT with the lag of the hahn kit, turbo lag will be VERY evident with either spacer.

My 2-cents, there is NO such thing as a reliable turbo...

Been through 3 sets of pistons with all the options, larger injectors, mapping out the ass, etc.

They are fun toys, but certainly not reliable rides, in my opinion and experience.

Good luck!
I've had

hahn
velocity
mr turbo.

not a single problem with any of them once installed.

Back